logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Social media monitoring service Reppler recently surveyed more than 300 hiring professionals to determine when and how job recruiters are screening job candidates on different social networks. The study found that:

90% recruiters said they use social networks to screen prospective employees

76% use facebook (how scary for young people) 53% use twitter 48% use linkedin

47% use right after they receive an application

69% have rejected an applicant bcz of what they saw about them on a social networking site (they broke this down further into very interesting sub categories)

68% also hired because of what they saw on a social network

How Recruiters use Social Networks to Screen Candidates

Based on these stats most kids won't be able to get a job when they grow up laugh

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 10/25/11 10:03 AM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I wonder if it counts against the candidate if their privacy settings are correctly set so that no one except family and friends see their unflattering moments online.

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Privacy settings are great. Many people unfortunately don't use them. I wonder how many people have learned this lesson the hard way. I wonder how many people have two accounts, one public where they wear their halo the other one private where they wear nothing laugh laugh laugh

I wonder how much a recruiters own personal preferences go into making those decisions too. For example if you're some uptight recruiter with no sense of humor and I was applying for a job as a trainer at some posh resort and they saw one of my blog posts titled: shakin that a** workout or a youtube video called grab your balls (this is a real video posted by another trainer on youtube). Would they pass you over bcz they felt you were too outrageous even if you had much better qualifications than another applicant.

I'm soooooo happy that I've been self employed for most of my adult life. Job hunting sounds so much more complicated than it was when I graduated from college and even 10 years ago when I started training clients in health clubs.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

R
Amoeba
Amoeba
R
Simply put, social recruiting is using social media channels for recruiting. The term refers to different ways of using social media networks (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.) and websites (blogs, forums, job boards and websites like Glassdoor for example) to find, attract and hire talent.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.