Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
It�s fun to change your decor with the change of seasons. If you are looking for new ways to enhance your home this fall, you might enjoy the ideas in the latest feature article at the Budget Decor site.

10 Cheap Fall Decorating Ideas

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Thanks for this Donna I think I easily get bored with how my rooms look and want to change things around, but it gets hard to know what to do to make it look any difference! I love the tablescapes idea.

P
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
P
You posted some very interesting tips for fall decorating. I still have to put up my fall decorations, but it is still in the 90's here so it is hard to get into the mood for it. It keeps in my mind though and hopefully this week I can get it done.

D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Hi PJK! If you have time, I'd love for you to share what fall decorations you use in your home. It's really windy in Virginia today - leaves flying everywhere - definitely fall! wink

Gecko
Gecko
I did a little Dollar Store project this morning! I went to the everything is $1 store to pick up some wrapping paper and bought a pretty silk garlard of autumn leaves that were red, yellow, orange with touches of green.

When I got home, I draped (wove?) the garlard through the arms of my dining room chandelier.

The effect was remarkable considering I spent a dollar plus tax!

P
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
P
I use the same fall decor I've had for years, and add something new each year. This fall, I have the corn ears, scarecrows, autumn leaves, pumpkins,window clings, wreaths,candles to name a few things. I really don't go expensive things. Alot I've made, and after halloween, then I add the turkeys, pilgrims etc to the decor. I finally found the time this morning to put it all out after I was done with my dusting. It is suppose to get cooler tonight through wednesday, so that helped me to get into the mood. Are your leaves changing yet?

E
Amoeba
Amoeba
E
This looks like a great idea-Make a centerpiece using pie pumpkins, gourds, and leaves. Vary the sizes and colors of these squashes and fill in the gaps with leaves, mini pumpkins, and gourds.

D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
I'm loving all these ideas!
Msbaby - Dollar stores can be gold mines. Your idea shows how just a little effort can go a long way in making a room feel special.

PJK, love all your ideas! You sound very crafty!

Eranga, gourds are so much fun to work with and look great this time of year! I like to spray paint gourds for centerpieces. While I love the fall season, I'm not much into the "orangey" fall colors, so I like to paint mini gourds in my own whimsical ways.

I honestly do very little to decorate for fall season as that's when I begin to focus more on decorating for the holiday season. But, I love driving around and oohing and ahhing over the outdoor decorations in the neighborhood. I love the whimsical touches in my neighbor's yards, the most. I used to line the front steps with lovely mums in yellow and burgundy, but our deer kept eating them so I gave up.

I tend to change things around with the seasons in the main living areas of my home. I use gold/burgundy slipcovers in the cold months and switch to natural/off-white slipcovers for spring/summer. I also change the accent pillows, decorations on the shelves, area rug, etc. The changing seasons is also when I start driving my family nuts by rearranging entire rooms of furniture, lol.

Oh, to answer your question, PJK...yes, the leaves are finally changing, although I still see a lot of green! Love the briskness in the air, though!

S
Shark
Shark
S
Fall is my favorite time of the year. The leaves colors are vibrant. I love decoraing my house with pumpkins,leaves twigs, etc.
Sundancer
Embroideryfashonsboutique

Gecko
Gecko
I just saw an idea in a Christmas magazine that I wanted to share with y'all!

If your gourds that you bought for the Thanksgiving table are still good, paint them with ivory spray paint and surround them with silver and gold or even red and green to get more use out of them.

They look amazing in a silver or brass container as a centerpiece.

Wishing you peace and happiness!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.