Print Thread
#718518 10/07/11 09:44 PM
M
missyT Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
Hi. I'm new to the Buddhist forum. Often I've read huddled quotes or sayings and felt very moved by them. I'm looking to gain more knowledge about this practice. I have a friend inCA that practices a certain type of Buddhism for which I cannot remember the name.i know she s affiliated with SGI... Anyway, I'd like to hear stories about how this practice has affected you.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
missyT #718605 10/08/11 01:48 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Misstalia, and welcome to the forums laugh

I've always thought Buddhism is such a beautiful, and peaceful practice. For me, it was having friends who practice Buddhism, and seeing that they really walk their walk, that drew me to learn more about it.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

missyT #718631 10/08/11 10:45 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi misstalia, welcome! SGI (Soko Gakkai International) teaches a form of Nichiren Buddhism - I haven't done a full post on this yet, but I talk a little about it in this post on Japanese Buddhism if you are interested. Otherwise, the articles in the Basics section of the site are a good place to start, and/or the Meditation section if you want to focus more on Buddhist meditation. I do have an introductory e-book available too, if you are interested in that.

For me, I love Buddhism because it really does emphasize our life as our spiritual practice - that everything we observe and experience in our lives is part of our spiritual journey, and conversely that the spiritual truths we discover through meditation and other formal forms of practice inform every aspect of our lives.

I also love the fact that Buddhism is experiential, not purely theoretical/theological. The Buddha shared his experiences and teachings and then encouraged his students to walk the path themselves - attain enlightenment themselves. It is empowering in that way. And our personal practice will therefore be rooted in our actual lives, and our personal life experiences.

I look forward to sharing more with you here, please feel free to post any questions or comments that arise as you explore Buddhism more...

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
missyT #718732 10/09/11 10:00 PM
M
missyT Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
Hi, ladies. Thank you for the warm welcome smile I'd love that info, Lisa.

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.