hi all, i found this site through google search for information on child custody guidelines in CA. i am 8 months pregnant and the last few months have been HELL with the father. we ended our relationship when i first got pregnant, which he hated me for. i made the decision to stop the relationship because of his drinking habits and overall lack of maturity - which is not acceptable, especially with a baby. he made it very clear from the beginning that he wanted to be in the baby's life, which of course would be allowable, but now he is threatening that he wants to take the baby overnight and for days at a time right after she is born. being a brand new mother, i dont find this agreeable one bit. can the courts give him rights to take my baby girl when she is just a few weeks old? i was planning on creating an agreement between the two of us stating visitation 3x a week for an hour or two each time in the beginning while i am breastfeeding and raising my newborn. but now im thinking i might have to go the legal way, especially because he is threatening a lawyer and visitation. regarding his threats, i do not have anything documented as all of this has been said over the phone, but i dont know for sure if he will actually act on these threats. when we dated he didnt have money for anything, not even rent, so how can he afford a lawyer? also, when he advised that he would be contacting an atty, he let me know that he would not be paying for child support. my plan is to file right after i have my baby so that i start receiving money right away, which i have not received a dime the entire pregnancy. if he does receive visitation, how does it work with supervised visits or making sure the home is okay for children? i do not feel comfortable giving him my baby so he can go home and get drunk and not deal with her. his friends are not suitable to be around children, there is marijuana use by his roommates, and it's just not a place to raise a baby. the other thing is that i dont think he'll have the money or the motivation to purchase anything for her, like a crib, tub, etc. so if someone can please let me know if they have been through this before and how i might be able to handle it, i would be very appreciative. i have had no recent contact with him and do not plan to until after the baby is here and at home. any advice would help!!!