Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Okay, it's nearing the end of spring and summer is just around the corner. It's that time of year when yard sales & outdoor flea markets abound. If you are into vintage "junk" like me, then you are getting ready for some serious treasure hunting!

There's no better way to decorate on the cheap than through shopping other people's junk!

Post your finds here & then share what you're going to do with them in your home.

Last weekend I went to Luckett's Spring Market located near Leesburg, Va. It was my first time and I can only say that I wish I'd gone sooner. There were over 170 vendors and it was impossible to see everything. And, of course, there was more than I could buy thus had to pick & choose while wistfully passing over some really cool stuff. That's to be expected & half the fun. At the end of the day I was pretty happy. I left with a really cool chaise & 2 iron plant stands with movable arms that I'm going to use as candle holders. All are going in our screen porch that we are building this summer. I might repaint the chaise and I'm definitely changing the cushion fabric, but the lines and curves of it are so worth it! My last purchase of the day was a giant chalkboard in a romantic shabby white frame. I've always wanted to make one myself and am sure I will one of these days. Meanwhile, this one called out to me in it's awesome prettiness and the homeschooling mom in me had to have it! lol

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
No finds but when is the best time to sell your stuff during the summer. We are finally replacing our cheap bistro set with a real dining room set and want to sell the old one along with a few other things. Are there certain times of the year that are better for yard sales than others?

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Hi Monica,
It could depend on where you live, but for the most part this time of year through summer is great. If you can do a multi-family yard sale then it might bring more potential buyers than hosting one alone.

Good luck!

L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Found a baby car seat in perfect condition last week for $5 at the flea market. Can't beat the deals!

D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
The fall season is a great time to shop yard sale and flea markets for awesome things for your home. Like they say...one man's trash is another man's treasure. Feel free to share your finds here and how you plan to use them in your decor!

F
Gecko
Gecko
F
Two chairs left on a flea market site more than 20 years ago.

One heavy dark wood with a leather panel on the arched back. I still have this and use it.

The other, lighter in construction, (the 'Momma Bear' chair of the two) was padded red leather with wooden arms. This left the house (with the 'Momma bear' - so it was not just a chair that a guy would find attractive).

By the by, that same day, I picked up my long time favorite neck tie. Literally picked up, it was laying on the ground. That didn't matter because it is a Wembley tie made from the "miracle fabric Wemlon". Throw it in the wash and it is good as new (which, as you can imagine, I have done quite a few times over the decades). Wide in style and psychedelic in color/pattern.

D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Sounds, awesome, Frank - thanks for sharing. I found 2 dining chairs with arms last fall at a yard sale. They work great for extra seating when we need it. Love your tie story! smile

F
Gecko
Gecko
F
And I love my tie!

The big wooden chair too. It is currently my chair at the dining room table. A mis-match, but at the risk of being more known for my sexism, it is a good man's chair.

P
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
P
I loved how you found the tie. You have made several good buys it sounds like.

P
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
P
It's been to hot this summer to go to the flea market, but once it cools down a bit, then I'm shooting out there and see what great bargains I can find. I've been to a few early morning garage sales and have added a few items for my country kitchen, and found a few angels for my angel collection. I hope to get out more soon, and see what's out there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.