S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S

Thank you, GIllian!

So very interesting you mention dreams. Last night, I was unpacking some clothes I'd gotten from a relief center and had a flashback reminder of a dream I had a couple of weeks ago.

I pay attention to dreams but haven't had any of apparent significance lately but this one really woke me up. Next morning, I listed the most vivid elements and looked up possible meanings in a book I've enjoyed for years. I can't get to that list of elements and interpretations right now but, as time goes by, I think it's becoming more relevant.

Even before the fire, things happening were making me refer back to my notes again and again. The fire made me forget the dream for a while but it hit me like a shock wave last night but all I got was one element of the dream.

I can hardly wait to find the notebook I wrote my dream notes in. I do recall a positive outcome although it was a happy ending not without at struggle before the finish. I just didn't expect a struggle of this magnitude.

I keep reminding myself: If God takes you to it, God will get you through it.

And, in my world, God means exactly what YOU are thinking it means. It's a universal positive energy. We're all in this together and it's a beautiful thing.

Sandy Hemphill, Cocktails Editor
Cocktails Website
Cocktails Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Oh, Sandy, I feel so sad for you and Roxie. Poor thing, she must be completely disoriented. I wonder if she's trying to find her way "home". Though even there the clues must be missing since the fire.

I used to fret when one of the cats didn't come home at mealtime or even later. But it's so bad for you to think of Roxie out there somewhere, alone and frightened and hungry.

And I think you, although fed and watered, must be going through the same thing - complete disorientation and trying to find your way "home" whatever that may turn out to be.

Peace and strength to you.

S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S

I'm hoping she's trying to find her way 'home,' too, Mona. Thank you.

Today, before leaving for my brother's house, I grabbed some of the clothes I'd owned before the fire and wore since it started - fresh, familiar smells to the cat. I draped them in the front and back of my brother's house so the wind would distribute my scent - a familiar and safe scent to Roxie - throughout the last area she'd been. My brother is very conscious of looks and superficial appearances so I know that allowing me to publicly air my dirty laundry (literally!) in this fashion is a stretch of his comfort zone but it could have all been avoided if he'd just called me when she was delivered to his door Friday night. He chose to avoid communicating with his human sister so I'm left doing my best to figure out how to communicate with the most traumatized cat I've ever known. I left some other trails I think she might pick up on if she's still in the area, too.

If she headed home, into the burned out area, I don't know. I think we'll be reunited before too long and I will be SOOOO anxious to hear the stories she's got to tell.

Cocktails Website
Cocktails Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Gosh Sandy, I am so sorry���..was thrilled when you told us she had turned up safe and well.

Am sure Roxie is trying to find her way, and she will. We moved in a snowy December and despite being carefully watched our family cat got out somehow. Instead of unpacking we trudged for miles calling his name, putting up posters etc., he was found sitting on the doorstep of our old home two days before Christmas, having walked over forty miles in thick snow and somehow crossing a major motor way.

She will find you, am thinking of you and wish it was possible to help.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Sandy! OMGosh, I'm just now reading all of this...haven't even finished and I needed to respond. Have you looked through the web pages on found pets??? The cats are amazing and many are at shelters. I was evacuated in the Leander fire on Monday night. We made out ok, but I spent yesterday gathering donations for the Austin Humane Society (instead of getting next article done...whoops). If you need ANYTHING, and I mean anything...please private message me and I'll give you my cell number!
I sit here dumbfounded, as I have been so wrapped up with the stuff here (the fire here is ARSON), I can't believe I missed all of this. I have not been able to focus AT ALL.
Please feel free to contact me.
Dawn

Dawn Engler
Alaska
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S

Francine, you ARE helping. You read and were kind enough to respond. That feels like a hug to me. I need that. And your response was a lost cat story with a very happy ending, even! I'm not giving up hope and I'll keep your story in mind; I'm sure it will become powerful inspiration. I'm amazed your cat found her way through the snow. I would've thought the snow would erase any familiar scent trails.

Dawn, I had no idea our Alaska editor was in Leander. Howdy, neighbor! I'm staying in Lago Vista with my sister. On Monday afternoon, we had to go waaaaay south of the fire zone to get from its east side to this safe haven on its west side. After almost 4 hours in the car, my sister called to tell us to expect a detour - a big fire had broken out in Leander - your fire. I've heard arson is suspected there, which is just so utterly stupid a situation it's hard to imagine. All these fires lately are so shocking.

There's talk (nervous gossip, most likely) of arson in the Bastrop fire, too, and many little ones have been deliberately set since the big one started last Sunday. The Bastrop fire started in or near a state park so it might have been a campfire or cook stove but there's speculation that it's arson, too. Two years ago, there was a big fire here sparked by a tree falling over onto a power line and that might have happened again, given the destruction our extended drought is doing to the trees around here. Could've been a dropped cigarette butt or one of many things. It's just too soon for an investigation of the cause, I think, since all efforts are still so strongly focused on putting the darn thing out.

That state park was a beauty but last I heard, of its 6,000+ acres, only about 100 acres are untouched at this time. Such a waste. I simply could not believe what I was seeing as I drove through it yesterday. Surreal.

Thanks for the offer of help. I may get in touch before all is said and done. Thank you, ALL!

Cocktails Website
Cocktails Forum
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
I've just finished reading all of the posts and I'm just Wow.

To answer the question of 2 minute grab...2 weeks ago there was a fire in the neighborhood next to us. Not near the castastrophe of Bastrop Cty...but a fire that had the city put us on stand by for evacuation. We had lots of time to gather, but watching the helicopters with the bags of water, smelling the smoke billowing in our direction, and at times, seeing the 40 foot high flames put us in a very real state of panic. What do you grab? Well, we decided, after the fact, that we did it all wrong! We had our vehicles packed and ready to go and spent the next 2 hours watching and waiting.

On reflection of it all, we realized how much we did not do right. We spent the next week, cataloging our home, taking pictures of every room and our belongings, and then making a list of what to grab in an emergency! For crying out loud, we realized that our disabled son's meds should have been grabbed long before we did.

We watched the news most of Labor Day monday, following all of the fires in this area. We left our home to go get the boys from their Dad, a 4 hour round trip, only to be called back 30 minutes away. The neighborhood behind us was now on fire. We raced home to get our pets, 3 cats and a dog. Only to arrive and find that we were on mandatory evacuation. HOLY cow, I froze. But I had the list, it saved the moment. I cannot tell you all how important that thing was. It listed in order of importance, what to grab. Time was irrelevent, just go in order till you're kicked out. We were in the line of cars to leave in 10 minutes flat. All pets accounted for.

The shelters and rescue organizations are teaming up here and getting pets and families reunited. I was so lucky to have had the time, in both instances, to get what mattered to me. I made donations yesterday in my frustration of not knowing how else I could help. The websites are up for lost pets...try this one
lost and found pet links

I have been numb most of this week, knowing the fire behind us was arson and possibly connected to the one of two weeks ago, and 4 teens were running around with the knowledge that they destroyed the homes of 11 families, possibly 15 more, and that the rest of us are on edge with every siren, and slight noise that is out of place. I feel where you are. But I'm here if my Bella sister needs anything. Want to take a trip to Walmart and stock up? I'm serious.

Sending wishes for return of your precious cat.

Dawn

Dawn Engler
Alaska
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
Thanks for the link about lost pets and thanks for the idea of the list! I, too, learned after the fact that I didn't do things right. I think back to each of the individual items I thought about taking and left behind - the notebooks of writing projects I was working on, reference books I could be using now, pet grooming tools. . .

I'm starting a list and I will tailor it to meet the needs of my next home as soon as I have it.

One MAJOR blessing in all this? I do not have children to worry about. I feel so sorry for them when I see families in the relief centers, especially the children picking through the toy selections. My heart just breaks.

Cocktails Website
Cocktails Forum
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
GOOD NEWS! I can go back to my home on Tuesday. Making arrangements now. That will be a BIG step in the right direction for building my beautiful new life.

Sure hope the cat is a part of it. smile

Cocktails Website
Cocktails Forum
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
AWESOME! Can you stay in that home? Hope all goes well. Keep us posted.

Dawn Engler
Alaska
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.