Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I made a resolution this year, everything I buy is going to be from huge brand names, even if that means buying 1 item a year. Needless to say, I'm failing. Real bad.

First of all because I love shopping and I feel the need to buy more. Second, because sometimes I cave in, I mean if an item is not that cheap (Zara, Mango), it can be good and make up for a ridiculously expensive Valentino tote. We had a small poll on perfumes because a reader needed advice and most people seemed to think that buying an expensive perfume was often justifiable.

Do you purchase expensive items if they are worth it or do you think fashion is not worth splurging on?

Last edited by Dina - Women's Fashion; 08/14/11 04:52 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I feel a little bit both ways. Fashion in general is not my thing. But the reason for that is I'm 5"1' tall and I wear a size 38H bra. As you can imagine, high fashion is not designed for my shape. Also I wear EE width shoes, so that rules out any interest in pretty shoes, as well. BUT, bags are another story. I am free to buy the same bags as anyone else. So bags are just plain fun. I don't have the budget for very expensive bags, but if I did I would sooo buy them.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi Helen,

I think there are many options for every body type now. Some stores do sell adult clothes that look like only a 6 year old could wear them, but I think they are improving with time since they get how beautiful all women are now. Thankfully, with stars like Christina Hendricks, we are getting more womanly clothes fit for real bodies.

I agree on the handbags, it's just so much fun to buy an amazing handbag and they are versatile and make the outfit basically.

C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
Lets see....for the cost of that handbag, I could go on safari in Africa, or travel to Australia for a month or so, or....buy groceries for about a year. Forget the bag!

BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
My local radio station is offering a Coach handbag as a prize. I can't figure out why I'd want that. I like nice handbags and have a bunch, but generally spend under $30 for mine.

I agree with Claybird, for that kind of money I could go on an extended trip to Africa which I'd rather do.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Jeanne and Claybird, good point. I'm starting to realize this, the problem is I would like to have money to travel and shop abroad as well. So traveling for me is related to shopping and buying expensive stuff, vicious cycle!

A
A

S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S

Love some of these comments. I'd rather have the trip than the handbag but, like Angel68, just knowing I could afford it would be a good thing.

I'm also pretty rough on purses; they're more utility than fashion for me so, no, I couldn't justify spending that much money on a purse. I'd have it trashed in no time.

Bit it would be nice to afford to splurge like that!

Sandy Hemphill, Cocktails Editor
Cocktails Website
Cocktails Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi All,

I am generally not very hard on bags. I still have one that I got about 35 years ago and it's in good condition. So investing in a good bag is not out of the question. BUT....I said I don't have the budget for an expensive bag, or an expensive vacation, or anything else expensive. But bags sure are fun to look at and enjoy.

If the radio station is giving the bag away, why not enter, then it's free anyway, you've lost nothing, and you still have your money to spend where you like.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I agree Helen, they are even fun to look at and you can always find good ones. Even in Paris, you have the new LV bags which are so expensive and some stores selling originals for much less because they are "out of season". I'm like, who cares, they are pretty so I will buy them. laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.