logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
S
i heard some good ways to get the silver jewelry as new as before. that's to put a piece of tinfoil to the bottom of boiled water, and then put the jewelry on the tinfoil. after several minutes, the jewelries are as new as before.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
P
In My Experience,polishing cloths are an excellent choice for cleaning your sterling silver jewelry.

S
S
Tanya5, I agree - toothpast works well!

According to my experience,toothpast isn't useful.You can try to soak it in Coca-Cola about 12 hours.

J
J
The best silver polish is white tooth paste. Dab some on your finger, and rub into the tarnish. For bigger pieces, use baking soda and a clean, damp sponge. Make a paste of baking soda and water. Scoop the paste onto the sponge, and rub the paste into the silver. Rinse with hot water and polish dry with a soft, clean cloth.

The best way to clean silver is by reversing the tarnishing reaction, and making the silver shiny again. To do this, you will need: a pan or dish large enough to completely immerse the silver in... aluminum foil to cover the bottom of the pan... enough boiling water to fill the pan... baking soda, about 1 cup / gallon of water Line the bottom of the pan with aluminum foil. Set the silver object on top of the aluminum foil. Make sure the silver touches the aluminum. Add about one cup of baking soda for each gallon of boiling water. Pour the hot baking soda and water mixture into the pan, and completely cover the silver. Almost immediately, the tarnish will begin to disappear. If the silver is only lightly tarnished, all of the tarnish will disappear within several minutes. If the silver is badly tarnished, you may need give the silver several treatments to remove all of the tarnish. If you use a polish, some silver is removed. With the aluminum foil method, the silver remains in place. Polishes that contain an abrasive, shine the silver by rubbing off the silver sulfide and some of the silver along with it and can scratch the surface.

V
V
I would like to say Put a sheet of aluminum foil in a pan and add 2-3 inches of water on top of it.Mix1 tsp of salt,1 teaspoon of the baking soda Bring the mix to a boil, add the silver and let it boil gently for 2-3 minutes. Make sure that all the silver pieces are covered by the water. Rinse, buff, and dry.

B
B
The best way to clean silver is let a professional take care of it. My jeweller, Baunat, has for example a very good service for its clients. They use ultrasonic cleaners, a machine that cleans all kinds of jewellery: rings, chokers, bracelets but especially jewellery with many corners and edges, such as diamonds. Most jewellers have one of these cleaners in their offices. You can try to clean it yourself using a brush, warm water and soap but the effect is not that good.

Last edited by Bell@d0nna; 09/20/11 09:38 AM.
I usually dab some toothpaste with my silver jewelries. Aside from it I mix a mild soapy solution(you can actually use your shampoo) and put it in a water bottle and shake it for a couple of minutes and then rinse and dry it using a soft cloth. Another one which I always do is to boil water with a soapy solution and put my silver pieces in it and making sure that they are all covered with water. I will try it with baking soda and salt.

P
P
clean your silver jewelry with lemon believe me this is homely based tip and very effective. When you use it your silver jewelry will be shine.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.