logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Everyone loves a great first date when it's followed by a second and a third great date, but sometimes by the third or fourth date, you know, unequivocally, that you're just on the wrong train. Here are 3 tips for getting out while the time is right.

Christine Wilcox
BellaOnline Solo Travel Editor
BellaOnline Dating Editor

"Hurry up and come visit me before we get too old to hear each other swear." Mark Twain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
Where are the tips ?

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Pretty much it depends on the person you're not feeling a "connection" with or have come to realize they aren't a healthy choice for you. Sometimes, even when you know a person isn't healthy for you, and can't end it, there's a whole 'nother process you've got to work through in learning to find out why you're attracted to something both thrilling and disappointing at the same time.

When it's the latter, you almost have to be the caring parent to the child inside and protect him/her by limiting interactions with a negative person, i.e. change your number, close email addresses and ALWAYS have something special to do for yourself during the holidays, like making a french recipe or learning a skill. Keep yourself preoccupied.

If it's the first few dates type of thing, I let the person know, I'm actively dating and offer up some of my more humorous encounters (date nightmares)...like the guy that flosses his teeth with a piece of your hair or stares stone faced until you fasten your seatbelt without saying a word...fun stuff.

It's almost an equation though. Different people need different tactics. If it's just one of those things you need to end and you've been pulling away, but the person pursues you more, I just explain I need time for myself...nothing's really wrong, but nothing's really right and I need to focus on why that is.

Last edited by Elleise - Clairvoyance; 09/18/11 01:19 AM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.