Next Thread
Print Thread
#701910 07/15/11 11:12 AM
S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
We know our country is in crisis right now and the wrong direction could take our economy down. But what is the answer? You are hearing so many different viewpoints and the parties are greatly opposing one another. It sounds like we don't have a choice but to raise the debt ceiling but we also need to cut spending! What do others think...what is the answer to our debt crisi?

Stephanie Romero
Independent Parties
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
This is not the first time we have had budget problems. The federal budget was a big problem during the 1980's. Do you remember the national debt clock?

When an accountant or bookkeeper balances a budget they do it by working with both sides of the balance sheet. They work with both the debits (expenses) and credits (revenue). Unfortunately, many people, especially many congressmen, want to balance the federal budget by Only reducing or eliminating expenses. They refuse to work with the credit (revenue) side of the balance sheet. Such an attempt to Only eliminate expenses will not work.

Personally, I can not balance my budget by only reducing or eliminating expenses (debt). There are many expenses that I can not eliminate or have no negotiating power to reduce. I need to increase my revenue as well as reduce expenses. A budget is balanced by balancing both the debt and credit. You do not balance a budget by working on Only one side of the balance sheet. Those that say we can fix the budget by working with only the debt (expenses) or credit (revenue) are lying to you.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I was watching Global Public Square, an excellent show about world politics. I would suggest reading this transcript or listening to the clip of the discussion of the debt ceiling and its (manufactured) "crisis."

After listening, ask yourself: Who benefits from our country's credibility tanking and our government's cost of borrowing going up? For that matter, who benefited from our government spending trillions of dollars going into Iraq?

If you figure that out, maybe we can find out who developed this crisis.

The Federal Debt Ceiling Crisis was Manufactured

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
Very interesting...thanks for sharing Connie. I tend to think that a lot of things are manufactured by our government. And none of it is for the benefit of the people.

Stephanie Romero
Independent Parties
C
Shark
Shark
C
If a meteorite smashed Washington DC, eliminating our federal government, what would happen? Problem is, most parents don't teach their kids survival skills- how to grow food, forage for wild edibles or how to make things by hand: The less dependant the next generation becomes on government "help", the better off they'll be.

Cindy L Merrill
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S

I'd like to do away with the highly-paid government employees we call our congressional representatives. Stop paying them a salary. Stop paying for health care for them and their families for the rest of their lives. Stop bankrolling their retirement. Stop the life-long entourage of bodyguards they think they need. Stop the free travel, the free mail service, the free everything. Make them pay for what they use or they can stop using.

I'd like to replace politicians with statesmen and women. Let them earn their income at jobs in their political district just like you and I do. That's the only way any of them will understand what life in the REAL United States of America looks like.

Let them serve the nation as statesmen, doing what's best for the nation because they want to, not because the benefits of pretending to do so are so pretty.

Sandy Hemphill, Cocktails Editor
Cocktails Website
Cocktails Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.