logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
GRRR, didn't notice the picture on the first post in this thread, it was only when I looked at the film description that I realised I have seen this film!

I agree the elevator should have been glass for all the world to see, that would have been well spooky!

But you know I might just take another peak, 'cos I really can't remember how it ended!

Linda Heywood

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
LOL - don't worry Linda - I have family members still send me crds with the other spelling. Ah! I just remembered a dream I had last night LOL, odd when that happens. Yeah, I thought they could've made the whole elevator theme creepier. That scene from 'The towering inferno' with the glass elevator was SO scary. That whole film was scary actually - but I can't stand heights LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Just watched the end of it. If the devil is real, then God must be real too.

I had forgotten the ending totally. I wonder why 333 was the number of the building? Only half a devil? One of the lesser afrits?

Towering Inferno, now that was a scary film. Only because it could, and has happened! I don't mind heights, I just can't stand other people standing near an edge! I always think they are gonna fall! Makes me feel sick!

I wrote I have a friend called Stephen, it is actually my brother! LOL Steven I think I am going insane!!

Okay did I miss what the dream was, gone over my head, or didn't you say.. madness night LOL

Great review Steven!

Linda Heywood

I thought Devil was an awesome movie. I love horror flicks, and that old lady was creepy as hell with her eyes blacked out! I don't like elevators anyway, and it gave me one more reason to like them even less...

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I LOVE Towering Inferno. That is one film I can watch over and over again.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I've seen Towering Inferno SO many times - it's a really sad film, but it's brilliant. I hate the scene where the girl can't breathe and she's trying to stop the smoke getting in, and in the end she jumps out the window - that was sad. And the lady in the lift (I hate elevators too) so I can't stand anything like that - especially glass ones on the outside of buildings LOL. And when they all have to go across on that tiny chair thousands of miles up - agh - I think I'd pass out haha.

So many superb actors in that movie.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Originally Posted By: Linda - Islam
I wonder why 333 was the number of the building? Only half a devil? One of the lesser afrits?

I haven't seen the movie (too frightening!) But just a thought about the building number 333. The number 3 represents the Holy Trinity (The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost). Perhaps the screenwriter wanted to send a powerful symbolic message of how the devil invaded and took possession of what was holy?

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Steven, I agree - many, many superb actors. I fell in love with Steve McQueen in that movie. I've always been a Fred Astaire fan. Even the Brady bunch kid was pretty good. I have a copy on DVD and I watch it often...unlike this film Sanctum that I've re-started now for the 4th time because I just can't get into it.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yeah, the Brady Bunch movie was really funny. I love so many of the older 50's movies too.

I think the 333 in Devil stood for the fact the director was going to do 3 movies all about the devil - this was the first one, and yeah it could also have represented the Holy Trinity.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I've seen in shows on the paranormal where when there's a home with demonic activity, 3:33 am is a common time for the activity to occur - it's supposed to be like a slap in the face to the Divine, I think.

Last edited by DeannaDreams/Spirituality; 07/18/11 07:34 PM.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.