logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
I'd like to start with some backround, we met online in 2006, i went to stay with him 3 times for a month each time in 2007, in 2008 i stayed for 3 mths before problems rose and i left, got halfway home and turned around and came back to him. a few mths later he backhanded me during a fight. i was going to leave but didnt, ended up getting pregnant weeks later...I told myself i could not stay in that house and raise a child with him so i left, telling him it was basically over and im having an abortion. Well, i left two days later, to my parents. i did not go through with the abortion. I stayed home(very far away in another country)and had my beautiful child. He came to be with me for the birth and came back 4 mths later to marry me. partially for visa purposes really, and it wasnt a real wedding. For financial reasons on both ends I stayed away until our son was 1. While I was pregnant it was so easy to recreate all the good times and forget the bad, I was pregnant , lonely and missing him. I forgot I already was going to leave him TWICE and he hit me. Soo i went backk as i said nad we lived a generally happy life for 1 yr together., we have had a few intense arguments where I have threatened him to just hit me(he raised his hand), but other than stresses fro no money, bills etc, we were ok. One month ago we were having an argument, near the end I gave up on the conversation and said "u know what, **** it", in an instant he raged flew at my neck choking me, in front of our two yr old, i thought he was only going to do it for a secand so i didnt fight back, just laid back on the couch, then when i couldnt breath and he wasnt letting go i started fighting back, hard. I was able to get out 'i cant breathe!' he replied ' i know u cant ****ing breathe'..........he left marks on my neck that lasted a week. i couldnt even turn my neck at all the following day(s) and the day after someone even asked me if i was sick bcuz my voice was coarse..it sounds surreal when i type it out into a story like this. i left 8 days after it happened, with our son. i have been out of the house for three weeks now and he has said all of the things it seems everyother man says in this sitution to their wives. Altho somewhere in my heart I still like to think that he's different, it REALLY was so surprising. he has since admitted to hving anger problems, and said i was part of his staying good bcuz i was so understanding and chilled. well. i knew leaving was the rite thing, i hope? i still feel very guilty for tearing up a family leaving my stepdaughter. but i couldnt stay knowing he is capable of reacting like that....o yea, he says he was under a lot of stress and thought i was saying f it to our relationship...he is a lot older than me. I really do know u all are right, and I guess the reason I made this post was to hear it again, from strangers I guess. Of course he told me not to listen to other ppl bcuz they just want me back and they dont know what we feel for eachother on a daily basis...I've been at my best friends and will be at my parents in a few days. Of course he told me not to listen to other ppl bcuz they just want me back and they dont know what we feel for eachother on a daily basis...I've been at my best friends and will be at my parents in a few days. It i guess is hard for me to look at him the way i know everyone who looks at the story does. BUT i am a strong beautiful intelligent woman, still in my 20s, with a beautiful son. I come from a good family, I know I will be alright, its him, in a way i feel sorry for him for messing it up. For losing me when he was already lucky to have me,

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
The hardest thing about these situations is (to condense it) love and money.

At some point you have to realize what you think you feel, isn't really love and for what it's worth, there's never going to be enough money worth what it is you're going through.

Once you can get past those two things there's a crack of light.

That light is your own will power to change what you're going through.

Last edited by Elleise - Clairvoyance; 07/10/11 09:15 AM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
F
F
Congrats to you on leaving which in and of itself is so difficult to do. the next hardest is staying away. Having been a victim myself i totally understand what you mean. Know that what you did was in the best interest of yourself and your child....believe it or not even your step daughter because she does not need to see violence. This is something that will impact the children and it is imperative that you protect them from that. Last but def. not least you left for YOU. You deserved to be treated with love, admiration, respect and gentleness. Him admitting to having a temper is not the same as admitting abuse. Until he seeks help i don't think true change can take place. Please thing for you and the children and know that there is love and peace and joy on the other side of this pain...just keep pusing and don't give up! You are worth it!

M
M
What is it with men choking- is that part of the control or a rush of power? Over the years I either worked with women who survived the abuse of a husband or friend of a friend who was abuse by their husband/boyfriend and choking seems to be the act of choice..... sorry if this sounds disrespectful, it is not my intent.

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I'm glad that you're out - at least physically. Remember : Love does not and should not hurt. I have a sister who goes through the similar situation. Even after the loss of her first child due to an illness, the husband doesn't change. I've tried to help, brought her to a lawyer to explore her options. Apart from the costs (to hire the lawyer), she just couldn't leave as yet ....for the sake of the other two children, she says. Like you said you are still young and intelligent, there's life after that guy!I wish my sister had done the same - walk out.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.