Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Stress has a huge impact on our health. What do you do to relieve stress?

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I've been doing a chakra meditation. I also notice when I eat healthier, I feel more peaceful.

And I like to use essential oils. Tangerine and Sandalwood mixed together are a favorite for stress. Or peppermint! It's awesome too~!

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Meditation and Aromatherapy, used together or Aromatherapy alone, always helps me when I need to relieve stress. Lavender, sandalwood, rosemary, apple, apricot are my favorite fragrances.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Jill, and welcome to the forums!!!

I've heard that about meditation!

I prefer a guided meditation, or a chakra meditation. I've tried to do the silent meditations, for like 20 minutes, but I get so achy and fidgety LOl!!!

I think I'll try building up to it.

I read this book, Hand Wash Cold, and it was about a woman who got into meditation. It was an AMAZING book!!! One I'll read again for sure. She says that people get into meditation because they have exhausted all other resources LOL. I can say that is true for me.

And VERY cool, for sure!!

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Phyllis, you've mentioned some of my very favorite scents!

I was rubbing lavender on my hands last night.... it smelled so good!!! And was so relaxing. It was at bedtime. I was feeling a bit stressed because my allergies are bugging me and we have a gig tonight. I, naturally, want to feel fabulous when I sing. So I started stressing I'd lose my voice frown

I have a voice this morning! Though I am nasally and scratchy, we have a short set, and I'm sure with hot tea, I'll make it through!!

And peppermint!!!

Deanna Joseph

Thanks Deanna! And yeah, I'm a pretty big fan of meditation :) When I started meditating, it took me awhile to become less fidgety, but overtime and with the help of guided meditations and starting to meditate on my own, I began to be able to concentrate for longer and longer amounts of time. I don't know about you, but one big thing for me was realizing it didn't matter what position I was in, as long as I was comfortable. I felt that I always had to be sitting, but found that sometimes laying down worked way better (as long as I didn't fall asleep haha). I just looked up that book and it sounds pretty cool. It sounds like you've probably studied a lot on meditation, but when I was getting started, this article helped me out: [link]www.silvalifesystem.com/articles/meditation-techniques/meditation-techniques-for-beginners/[/link] (shoot! can't figure out how to best post that link here... hopefully figure out all this UBB code business soon... haha)

Last edited by JillMagso; 07/11/11 03:31 AM.
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
First quick recognize stress, second breathe, smile, then make a choice, the key is not to escape stress.

Sexy Lingerie
Love waits for one thing, the right moment.
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I do tai chi as a form of moving meditation and I also do yoga. After a session with either of these, I feel very calm and peaceful!

Deep breathing is a really good way to beat stress in the moment too.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Healthy Mom, I agree! I've been doing a lot of deep breathing lately (lots of stress) and its very helpful.

I like the idea of moving meditation smile

Deanna Joseph

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Teresa - Holistic Health 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/13/24 08:26 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/13/24 06:20 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/11/24 04:36 PM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.