Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hey Connie,

I love your avitar. I've been working on this for 6 months and I just figured out how on Sunday. I kept working on it not wanting to ask for assistance because I knew I could do this. I feel really bad that it took me this long to figure out how to get this in their. I'm glad it didn't take you 6 months to get it. Thanks for dropping by. You gave me some good ideas for getting traffic to your forum area. I really like how you provided much needed information for them to keep coming back to hear more on a regular basis.

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
L
You can not raise her self esteem for her. Only she can do it herself. She needs to start doing things on her own- she could concentrate on a hobby or a sport and when she becomes good at it, she will feel better about herself. Be a friend to her and as far as compliments go, tell her to just say "Thank you" nothing more.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hello Lokelani,

Thanks for dropping by. I value your opinion. Keep in mind that it is a parent�s responsibility to empower first and then teach. This allows our daughters to learn to feel good about themselves. Which then gives them the courage to feel good about themselves daily without a constant reminder from parents. I think that a daughter�s self �esteem has a great deal to do with a number of factors. Her home environment (if the home is unstable or the parent is still making good attempts to get their life in order this creates confusion in the house and then your daughter), her peers (if her choice in friends are not as they should she�ll make daily efforts to please).

As parents, we have to give them the sound tools they need to succeed. They can�t do it by themselves if they don�t have the tools. Their life must be surrounded with tools that would promote their self worth. Again, the parent is responsible for creating an environment that would promote such a feeling. A parent is the most powerful role model in a daughters life. And as a parent we have to make sure we are modeling self-acceptance and self-confidence at all times because she�s watching you. And of course you are aware that she watches everything you do, even how you feel.

Changing internal dialogue is the key. In other words, raising the bar on how you(as the parent) feel about yourself high enough that it changes your lifestyle which then changes hers. If the parent changes their internal dialogue (I like the way I look, I am happy in my job, but I can do better) it encourage a daughter to then change her internal dialogue. Changing her internal dialogue can encourage her to empower herself which then her self-worth would be price less. All would allow her to be successful in her own efforts. Thanks dropping by and sharing!

Last edited by TCW; 06/29/11 11:33 AM.

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Tuculia, Daughters Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.