Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
Steven,

Yeah it is terrifying. I remember one time, I was laying on my back and could see everything in the room but felt a strange, dark presence in the room moving near my bead and when I tried to call out, my arms, legs head would not move. My eyes were open. Then I felt like I was being choked for a few seconds. Unreal. After so long I would start to move again, I did not even remember waking up, just experiencing this and then moving again. In the night terrors, I could feel and see everything (usually demonic beings) like being in a movie, but I would wake up and know it was a dream.

I would also have falling dreams a lot (which made me feel like I was falling into an eerie, dark depth of something). What I have found out is that depression, anxiety, heavy stress and especially sleep disorders such as narcolepsy really contribute to these types of experiences. I hardly ever get anything like this anymore, not the paralysis anyhow. Once in a great while I will experience a night terror but it is rare and since I am being treated for restless leg syndrome, it helps me get a good night sleep.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Linda, I've never heard of Petit mal - that does sound similar though. I used to see squares, like building blocks - and some were huge - too big and some too small, and it used to really, really freak me out. Thankfully I haven't had that since I was a kid. Thanks for the name though - that's cool to know at least.

GML, that's so odd reading that - I had a terrible sleep paralysis where there was someone at the end of my bed, a dark shadow and they were moving closer and I was trying to scream or move - but it sort of feels like your limbs are made of lead and trapped down - so you have to concentrate on something like your hand or foot etc. and move it and it feels like it's coming through sludge - and then as you say, you don't know if you're awake or asleep. I remember shooting up in bed and turning my lamp on and no-one was there - so I just resumed it was half asleep nightmares.

I know so many women that suffer from that itchy leg syndrome - is there anything good for it? My mother, grandmother and aunt all get it terribly. My mother was telling me today oddly, that she feels like ripping her skin off sometimes just to get rid of the itch. The only thing that helps her and my nan is codiene and paracetamol.

Dreams sure are odd things....

Back to movies. I never liked 'The Wiazrd of Oz' - I always preferred 'Return to Oz' LOL. It was so much darker and those things, the wheelers are really creepy - and the witch that can change her head cos she's cut all the heads of the dancers... it used to really freak me out. Can't believe that Dorothy is Nancy from 'The Craft; (love that movie too)

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
'Hellraise' always really freaked me out too - actually, it still does. The cenobites, from hell, are just horrific. I think Pinhead looks the least ghastly out of them all LOL. I actually made myself watch that a few years back, and it's so gory, but the storyline is very strong. When that guy gets his hand caught on the nail in close up - that was just so un-nerving. Great film though if you can sit through it smile

Last edited by Horror_Movies_Editor; 06/21/11 07:46 PM.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
S
S
Not as child but "Wrong Turn" was scary

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
There was a short story by Robert Bloch that scared me as much as any movie. It was called "The Skull of the Marquis de Sade." Every time that I read it, I would get the shudders and tears in my eyes. Powerful prose!

This was actually made into a horror movie. It was British and called The Skull starring Peter Cushing. I think I'll see if Netflix has it.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
'Wrong Turn' was an awesome movie, though the sequels suck.

Talking about jhorrific books - my aunt bought me this horror novel called 'Let's Go Play At The Adam's' - it's the most disturbing piece of literature I've ever come across - it sent me into a deep depression for months and I would just cry at the thought of it. It's completley horrific. I researched it and found out that nearly everyone who has read it felt the same - some burning the book and others ripping it into pieces.

The guy who wrote it died just after it's release and was meant to be a horrible drunk (his daughters words) - it gives me shudders just thinking about that book.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Steven, I just read a review of this book, and I can see why it gives you shudders. I will never read this one.

I love the Goosebumps books. They are just such lovely little cliffhanger romps. They take me about 45 minutes to read one. (I'm a teacher and like to know what kids are reading.) Anyhow, one day I came across one of R. L. Stine's adult novels. It is one of the few books that I've ever thrown away. It was just gross with no redeeming qualities. I don't even remember the name now.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

F
Gecko
Gecko
F
When I checked on the title of the film that gave me more nightmares than any other, I found that it too was a Hammer film.

"X - The Unknown" featuring atomic mud.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Connie - I love the Point Horror teen novels - R.L Stine wrote so many brilliant books - my mother used to buy them for me, and I was like "no, I want more Nancy Drew" LOL - then I read 'The Beach House' and I was hooked on his/and point horror novels. I didn't know he'd ever written for adults... He's probably used up all his ideas on the Teens LOL.

No - don't ever read that book. I read it first when I was very young and so thought I'd read it again my twenties (as it couldn't possibly be as bad as I remembered, right?) It was. It was worse because I understood it more. I gave it to a friend to read once and felt so guilty, I went back and took it from her - saying it was far too ghastly and I didn't want to upset her. It has this horrible energy about it because it's actually SO well written. It had to be for ppl who read it to feel so passionate about it really.

I need to watch more Hammer Films - last night I watched 'Baby Sitter Needed' - which was okay, very cliche and kinda silly. The title hooked me though - Babysitters getting prank calls are always creepy for some reason LOL.

Last edited by Horror_Movies_Editor; 06/27/11 11:42 AM.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
K
K
Last time my sister watched Christine scary movie then she suddenly frightened by door sounds of their room and that was really funny guys.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.