Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Thank you Rosie. I woke up again today, remembered, and am still crying. I have never been so emotional over a pet. William was my baby and my joy.

ok have to stop writing about him - can't see, tears.

Last edited by Jilly; 08/30/10 09:57 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
We have a 17-year-old fat cat. Our big boy had a stroke when he was about 7. He was blind and confused after his stroke, but that cleared up. Franklin regained his sight. About 4 years ago we found out that he has diabetes. Franklin gets his Lantus shots twice a day. I know that he is at the end of his life, but it really hurts to think of losing him.

Franklin was a feral kitten who was hanging around the trailer that was my first classroom. My students were worried that he would die, because it was so hot, and he was a skinny little cat. I took him to the vet, and he had all kinds of parasites. Thankfully, he didn't have FIV. Franklin has been a wonderful companion.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

B
B
You've done the right thing, I'm sure that your cat still loves you ;)

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I'm so sorry for your loss Kristen. I also firmly believe that our beloved animals live on in the spirit world and that we will be reunited with them one day.

Your vet would not have wanted your kitty to suffer, and would surely have advised euthanasia if that had been the case. You gave your pet a peaceful passing, surrounded by your warm and loving arms.

Grace Rostoker
Mystery Movies Editor

Mystery Movies Site
Mystery Movies Forum

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Kristen,

I was so moved by your first post that I only just noticed it was written some time ago. I apologize if I brought up an old hurt for you.

Grace

Grace Rostoker
Mystery Movies Editor

Mystery Movies Site
Mystery Movies Forum

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Dear Kristen and Grace,

Losing a kitty is a heavy emotional toll.

I have had the almost exact loss happen as did Kristen.

Grace, it is an easy miscalculation of time...

I have done it before and I hope that it revives the wonderful rather than the hurtful in Kristen.

I'm hoping that it does, as I was moved to comment in memory of ' Vern ' that blessed black and white Sylvester looking kitty who was so beloved by our guests at a little mom & pop motel in Florida that they took it upon themselves to don him " The Mayor of Holly Hill " a suburb of Daytona Beach.

Vern was struck by a car at around 3am while I was on the property listening to the radio.

The cops came, and I did not know it was him.

A strange man pointed in my direction, but at 3am it really was not safe for me to find out -- talk about guilt.

The next morning we discovered it was Vern with half of his body dead and the other half alive.

Through my tears after he lay there from 3am to 9am I dutifully took him to the 24-hr. vets were it was the humane call to put him down.

We retrieved the body and buried him with the tombstone handmade " The One and True Mayor of Holly Hill " because of his compassion toward the downtrodden and disenfranchised people in this area.

Well, since then each and every one of our animals and ironically many of our guests have been outcasts and refugees.

Blackie the kitty passed on Connie and my watch from natural causes.

Tiny was lost to a vehicle but was brought to us on a cold rainy day in an army jacket.

Now we have Daisy Mae, Squeaky, Dusty, Cocoa and Freddy to keep us company.

Goodness those critters have expanded our heart to love even though that same heart has to be broken several times over to make it bigger.

Love,

Burt & Connie

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.