Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#697405 06/24/11 04:19 AM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
The honey bee population is dying, this is an indication of how badly we are treating our planet. If the honey bee dies out over ninety crops will have no means of pollination.

www.bellaonline.com/articles/art40513.asp

Linda Heywood

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hi Linda,

Interesting article. I didn't know the honey bee was in the Quran. I learn something new everyday. However, I did know about the bee population and how it is being affected. Thank you for writing information that we all need to be aware of. Thanks for sharing!

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Albert Einstein claimed that �if the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe, man would have only four years to live�, and that was very many years ago.

His interpretation might be a bit dramatic, but it could also be that it is not.

Isn't it sad that we humans are sometimes so neglectful of the world around us, and the effect we have upon it, until a situation actually arises.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
So true Francine.

What is it they say... you only miss something when it is gone. If all the bees were gone, there would be no food. People do not consider this and it is up to governments and people in power to do something. Not that they will they are all too busy making money and getting more powerful to worry about the humble honey bee.

God even mentions the ant in the Quran Tuculia, nothing is too small for God's consideration. It is a shame man does not consider his situation!

Linda Heywood

Shark
Shark
Linda, I saw a special on this on the History Channel not long ago. They did not put forth your knowledge though from a religious/spiritual standpoint. Thank you for doing that, and for showing us a multitude of things in this one article. It really touched me and caused me to ask what can I do to help. Then as I read on, you answered that question.

Great, great job!!

Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Thanks April, I became interested in this when a friend of ours started his own bee hive.

Last year I had a problem with rats eating all the vegetables I was growing, so this year I decided not to waste my money and bought a lot of wild flower seeds and just threw them all over the garden. I haven't cut the weeds or the grass I just let everything grow. Anything I want for the kitchen I am growing in pots and containers this year.

I have had lots of birds and insects in my garden and people may say its a mess but it's feeding a huge population of God's creatures.

Linda Heywood

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Linda, this is so scary! A couple of years ago I watched the Bee Movie with my kids, and it showed what could happen if bees no longer pollinated. Soooooo scary!

I've wondered about having a bee hive too. We live in a small space though - if I had a bee hive, I'd want a farm so they could be waaaaaay at the back.

The bees were sacred to the ancient Celts too... they believed them to be messengers from faery.

I think it's cool that the bee and the ant are mentioned in the Koran. You said no animal is too small for God, or something like that... I find myself wanting to be compassionate toward all bugs --- but sometimes it's hard!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Linda - Islam

I have had lots of birds and insects in my garden and people may say its a mess but it's feeding a huge population of God's creatures.

Your garden sounds wonderful!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I took some photos of the garden for Jilly, because she wanted to see my baby cot potatoes. But I cannot for the life of me find the cable for the camera to connect it to the laptop! Then even if I do find it, I will have to get Deb on the Animal site to make them fit for me 'cos I is too stupid to be able to do it myself.

But the 'weeds' are waist high, I keep losing the dogs lol. I am just waiting for everything to set seeds and then I will lop it all down. My very own meadow. Anyone need any hay!

Beehives... hmm yes... way way waaaaaaay back yes. I ate a bee once, it stung me but flew off. I ate a ladybird too once, thought it was pearl barley on my lip... ewwww the nastiest tasting creature on the planet I would say... red..warning.. don't eat me!

Linda Heywood

Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
In case there are any animal cruelty activists in... I didn't mean to eat either the bee or the ladybird. They landed on my lip when I was eating icecream (bee), soup (ladybird)! I don't recommend eating either creature!

Linda Heywood

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.