Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#696310 06/18/11 01:35 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
RE: LEFT THE DOGS BEHIND TO SAVE ME smile

I had to move out of my boyfriend's house last night, spent the night in the car which is in my name thank goodness. Just wanted you to know that I will be focusing on relocating back to Florida as the only reason I moved here was to be with him.

Sometimes we as women IGNORE the "red flags" because we want to be with someone really badly.

I got a room for the night at EconoLodge and using a computer they have for guests. God is SO GOOD, they even have a complimentary breakfast - so you know I had some smile

Anyway, trying not to "stress" as I really have no idea how I am going to pull this off and just grateful to have at least one night of "safety"...

Trying not to cry. He has an alcohol and drug problem and had been in Orlando for a week's vacation with his family. Came back yesterday with 2 of his nephews (ages 4 and about 14) knowing we have no food as it is and the electric bill is way overdue. It is like he spends everything at one time - makes good money! For 3 years I have looking the other way. I do have $187.16 to my name and trusting God with how to move forward. Lance, Inc. wants me back at 8am on Monday and I am hoping the agency will call me with work today or Sunday as I did not work Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks,
Angela

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
So sorry Angela, God will look after you, just put all of your trust in Him. Cry if you must, nothing wrong with crying. And keep strong. Keep us updated on what's happening. Wish you lived here you could have my spare room!

God bless Angela xxxxx

Linda Heywood

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Thanks Linda. Tomorrow I am going to try to drive the car back to Orlando, Florida. My daughter is in Maryland for a summer internship so I am asking her to check with one of her mentor's parents to see if they will help me out.

Originally Posted By: Linda - Islam
So sorry Angela, God will look after you, just put all of your trust in Him. Cry if you must, nothing wrong with crying. And keep strong. Keep us updated on what's happening. Wish you lived here you could have my spare room!

God bless Angela xxxxx

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 06/18/11 02:25 PM.
Shark
Shark
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Just when times are hardest, it's when we need to learn a lesson the most important. Don't give up honey. You have a whole forum of friends.

.... #696333 06/18/11 02:48 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Thank you SO MUCH smile

Originally Posted By: nindayekoz
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Just when times are hardest, it's when we need to learn a lesson the most important. Don't give up honey. You have a whole forum of friends.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Oh Angela, I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. my hugs and well wishes are going out to you.

At least you do have your car. I really do need to get on the ball and write up articles on how to live in a car. I hope you are safe and feeling more stable inside. I hope your family can help you. Stay strong, sweetie.

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Thanks Jilly smile

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
i also think you are very brave for moving out like you did. You have to keep YOU safe, mentally and physically.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello Angela and all,

Do you have and or offer house sitting services in the US?

Here I had a friend who had no home but for different though difficult reasons. She found an agency through which she worked called HouseSitters or something and for a period of three years lived in other peoples homes looking after them while they were away mainly for months at a time. She had to look after things including gardens and Koi fish and pets and so on. Often the houses she sat were also sold and while change of ownership was happening, she had to make sure that water ran through the pipes as it were and do minimal but necessary housekeeping and cleaning. Here she would have to visit these houses (identified for her by realty sales people) and run taps and flush loos etc every two to three days or so at one time she was looking after about 15 properties at the same time. Some were unfurnished and for these she had a blow up bed and a bicycle pump and minimal blankets and stuff. In many instnces she did ot earn and had the roof over her head but more often was paid below to okay money to live frugally but with food and warmth.

Maybe a person could offer this service directly getting leads from travel agencies (for those going on long cruises etc), or Realty Estate Agents or the Church or private ads or word of mouth referrals etc and so on. Also, maybe you can find a building to take care of as Building manager? Old age homes often have places open for care givers?

Keeping your faith in yourself will help you get through this time too. Maybe some or all of this chatter will spark off and idea for you? I hope so and wish you love and luck and safety.

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 06/19/11 06:15 PM.

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hey Lestie, can I post this info on my site with your personal stuff removed. This is an awesome tip. In fact, I would love to have it in the Bellaonline unemployment forum. What you think???

Originally Posted By: Lestie - ContainerGardens
Hello Angela and all,

Do you have and or offer house sitting services in the US?

Here I had a friend who had no home but for different though difficult reasons. She found an agency through which she worked called HouseSitters or something and for a period of three years lived in other peoples homes looking after them while they were away mainly for months at a time. She had to look after things including gardens and Koi fish and pets and so on. Often the houses she sat were also sold and while change of ownership was happening, she had to make sure that water ran through the pipes as it were and do minimal but necessary housekeeping and cleaning. Here she would have to visit these houses (identified for her by realty sales people) and run taps and flush loos etc every two to three days or so at one time she was looking after about 15 properties at the same time. Some were unfurnished and for these she had a blow up bed and a bicycle pump and minimal blankets and stuff. In many instnces she did ot earn and had the roof over her head but more often was paid below to okay money to live frugally but with food and warmth.

Maybe a person could offer this service directly getting leads from travel agencies (for those going on long cruises etc), or Realty Estate Agents or the Church or private ads or word of mouth referrals etc and so on. Also, maybe you can find a building to take care of as Building manager? Old age homes often have places open for care givers?

Keeping your faith in yourself will help you get through this time too. Maybe some or all of this chatter will spark off and idea for you? I hope so and wish you love and luck and safety.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bettina-Dogs/Herbs Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.