Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Gecko
Gecko
A
My father loves horror movies and when I was little, I'd sit and watch them with him. "Dracula" scared the living daylights out of me. Seriously, I had nightmares after watching the movie and sleepwalked, stating, "Dracula, don't get me!"

Anna - AHHA
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
"Night of the living dead" To this day, because of the memories that stayed with me as a child, I can't watch this movie. Let's just say I couldn't sleep for a while. Thansk for sharing!

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Anna, was it one of the Hammer Horror Dracula movies? Christopher Lee did look creepy as Dracula. I think a lot of the effects still stand up to this day too.

I remember me and my Aunt watched 'Night of the Living Dead' - because she loved horror movies. And we kept saying why aren't they running away? LOL. Cos in the end that's what they do. It's a good movie, but we couldn't believe it when the black guy punched the hysterical blonde woman - we started giggling. It was such an extreme reaction LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Oh I loved all of the Hammer Horror movies! They don't make a good horror film like Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy, The Witches, and let's not forget Quatermass and the Pit!!

I used to sit on my own at night in my grandmother's living room, in my grandfather's rocking chair, under the crochet blanket, sucking my thumb and jumping out of my skin. But I loved every scary moment of my Hammer Horror era.

Linda Heywood

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I haven't seen that many of the Hammer horror movies - they're only randomly. I've seen a few of the dracula movies and frank - i watched a great documentry on them the other day though. It's called history of horror. I reccomend it - the entire second show was dedicated to hammer horror.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
Steve,

Wow, I really never talked anyone else that ever experienced those things too. As a child I thought it was a demonic attack and stuff because it seemed so real. I never told anyone about it until older when I realized there were medical explanations. PBS wanted me to be in their documentary about it but then I thought, na...that is not what I want to be known for. What exactly happens with you when experiencing night terrors or paralysis?

Like you, I still cannot see that movie, 'Exorcist'. Another movie that kind of freaked me out was, 'Angel Heart', did not like all the voodoo stuff.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
When I used to get night terrors, I'd wake up sleep walking and I'd just be hysterical crying and everything seemed warped or wrong. This is going to sound crazy, but things seemed either too big or too small - kind of like Alice In Wonderland.

I'd never met anyone before that had suffered with it - then my friend started suffering from anxiety and she started suffering sleep paralysis as well. I'll have it and it'll feel like I'm screaming for someone to come and help me, but I can't move - sometimes I can't breathe - sometimes I don't know if they're dreams or real. They really freak me out though, and if I have one - I have to get up and calm down for about half an hour, if not I just go back to sleep and keep having them. I've had up to four in a row before. If you look back at lots of artists work they used to think it was demons sitting on your chests - now they believe that your brain is awake but your body is still asleep. I dunno, but they're very scary. It's that feeling of not being able to move and you feel like you're using all your strength just to wiggle your toe or something and then you snap out of it.

I find I usually get them when I'm overtired or vice versa. I felt better knowing my friend had them LOL - it just made me not feel as scared about them. Though when they're happening - you can't help but feel terrified.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Sounds to me like you were suffering from 'petit mal' Steven. Grand mal, is full blown epilepsy, petit mal is a form of epilepsy. I suffered from it all the time as a child.

I would see huge fingers banging together in front of me but they would go from big and fat, to long and skinny. This used to make me feel really scared. My friend who had full blown epilepsy sees a boat that grows big and small.

I always got these episodes when my ear problem flared up or I had a cold which was all the time as a kid!

Okay now I am blabbing and it has nothing to do with which movie scared me the most as a child.

Last edited by Linda - Islam; 06/20/11 06:27 PM.

Linda Heywood

Koala
Koala
Those flying things on Wizard of Oz gave me nightmares when I was little!!!! Mental block, can't even remember what they were called.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
They were called the Winged Monkeys.

Linda Heywood

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.