Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Well its one and only Halloween movie.. this scare me from my childhood..

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
N
The movie that frightened me most as a child was Amityville Horror. I had nightmares for years about red glowing eyes outside my window.

R
Amoeba
Amoeba
R
The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock. After I saw it, I would walk outside and see sweet little birds sitting on the telephone lines, wondering if at any minute they were going to get mad at me and...attack!!!

Rann Patterson, Editor
CANCER Website
CANCER Forum

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I love 'Halloween' - the original is just superb, and gave us a lot of great movies that were similar to it.

'The Amityville Horror' is great too - I loved the fact that it was based on the family's true story. It was scary. I wasn't fond of the re-make because the original family recieved no money from that film and it was based on their book, plus the original George Lutz (the actual guy) died while they were filming the re-make from the stress of the court battles. His wife had died years earlier.

'The Birds' is fantastic too - Hitchcock at one of his best IMO. I showed my sister it not long back and she was furious with the open ending LOL. I liked the fact they did something different though.

There's some really creepy scenes in that film for it's age. And did you know they tricked Tippi Hedren into filming the scene where she goes into the attic at the end? She kept asking Hitchcock how they were going to film it, and he said 'mechanical birds' which they'd used for a lot of the scenes. She turned up on set though for the scene and they actually tied the birds to her wrists, ankles and clothing - she said she was terrified and got hurt quite badly, but there was nothing she could do 'cos she was under contract. So her reaction there is completley real. Not very nice in my opinion, but a great shot for the film.

There's no way they'd get insurance to do that these days LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I have no idea of the name of the film but I can remember the film vividly.

A woman's son dies. He actually commits suicide. His name is Christopher. She does some black magic spell to bring him back from the dead. Her child returns, but it is not her child and she realises her mistake when the horrible little monster, flies down the stairs at her, his eyes a glowing green colour, screaming, 'Christopher hates you, he didn't want to come back so he sent me instead!' as he bites into her face.

brrrrrr scary when you are 13!

Linda Heywood

Shark
Shark
*shivers* That's even scary now as an adult!

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Linda, that short film is called 'Bobby' LOL - it does sound creepy even now. I think it was from 'Trilogy of Terror II' The first story was something to do with rats. Bobby was the last story.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
heck, when I was a little girl I found Charlie and the Chocolate Factory scary.

Actually, it is quite a bit creepy.

Of course i speak of the original film.

G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
I was deeply disturbed by the movie 'Exorcist'. For one, I was too young to watch it and two, I use to experience sleep paralysis and night terrors as a child so the movie did not help lol. Especially when I did not know the dreams and such had medical causes.

Last edited by GoodMorningSunshine; 06/19/11 02:27 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Charlie and the Chocolate factory LOL. I remember finding Michael Jackson's thriller video terrifying - and my younger cousins would put it on and laugh LOL. I never watched it though until I was way older.

The Excorcist terrifies me to this day - I still wont sit through the whole movie. Lots of ppl I know wont - that movie freaks me out the most. I'm most scared of that film. It has a dark vibe about it.

GMS, I used to experience Night terrors, and I still sometimes get sleep paralysis - which is horrible isn't it? It's so freaky, one of my friends gets it too. I've had it last for what seems like an eternity sometimes. I think that was one of the reasons I was so drawn to the 'Nightmare on Elm St' movies, partly. Dreams and sleep are such unknowns. I find it all really interesting.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.