logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
V
My favourite Stephen King film, is; The Shining and Carrie, real classics in my view,.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
N
You want me to pick just one??? :o My favorite novel by Stephen King is The Eye of the Dragon, a book I could read a hundred times and still enjoy it. Other favorites include Duma Key, Firestarter, and some of his short stories, as well. I loved The Mist, The Boogeyman, and I can't remember the name of it, but the one about the lake with the malicious "oil spot" thingie... I thought The Mist was a great movie, as well, and I loved the movie's ending more than the story's ending. I really loved the book, The Cell, but I hated the ending. I was actually angry at Stephen King for ruining that ending. :grin:

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
A lot of people seemed angry at the end of 'The Cell' - but I took it as a happy one smile I was annoyed when a certain character I really liked got a flying brick in the face - I was thinking - why on Earth did you do that? LOL.

I loved that story too with oil spot - the name has left me for the minute. It's SO good though. It was a short story on one of the horror compilations wasn't it. Oh, I just remembered it was called 'The Raft' - that was a really good short story.

I started watching the Mist but I didn't finish - I got to the part where they were all trapped in the shopping centre - I'll have to watch it properly.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Pet Sematary - film and book
Rose Madder - book
The Tommyknockers - book and film
Misery - book and film
Firestarter - film

My favorites.

Linda Heywood

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
The Shining

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
The Stand

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Great choices Linda smile
Pet Sematary - love both the book & the movie. Disturbing but great - King said it was his most disturbing book.
Rose Madder - I never read it! I've heard it's really good though.
The Tommyknockers - Seen the film but I haven't read the book. I really want to now though, forgot about this one. Saw it years ago. The woman from CSI is in it I recall.
Misery - Love, love, love the book and the film. Kathy Bates is amazing in that role. She hates violence SO much she was crying in those scenes and had to be calmed down before the takes.
Firestarter - Love, love, love these. Book and movie too. Drew Barrymore is such a great actress - and it's really sad, but awesome. Apparently it's being re-made frown

Maria, I really like 'The Shining' too - I like most of King's stuff. Did you ever catch the movie version he wrote for TV? It was in two parts and was more true to the book. King said he never liked the Kubrick movie. It stars Rebecca De Mornay - it's good, but not as good as the Jack Nicholson version IMO.

Phyllis - I haven't read the Stand - and I only saw the first half of the movie frown It's one of my best friends favorite books as well. I loved that movie though cos it introduced me to Crowded House and 'Don't Dream it's Over' - and I really love that song, have done ever since. I recorded the opening credits I remember, just to listen to the song over and over LOL smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Shark
Shark
the Dark Half

Favorite forever Stephen King book with such realism! Especially coz I almost 'hear' the georgian accent when he says 'hoss.' I've had to buy the book 3 times, because broke the bindings and bent so many pages!

Originally Posted By: Horror_Movies_Editor

Phyllis - I haven't read the Stand - and I only saw the first half of the movie frown It's one of my best friends favorite books as well. I loved that movie though cos it introduced me to Crowded House and 'Don't Dream it's Over' - and I really love that song, have done ever since. I recorded the opening credits I remember, just to listen to the song over and over LOL smile

"Calling All Angels"? I love that song and listen to it once in awhile on youtube.

I only saw a few scenes of the movie and would like to see the whole of it. The book was so good and very well written. King portrayed all the characters vividly. I want to read the book again. My brother has it.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I read the Dark Half when I was really ill - it brings bad memories up. It was very well written though and very, very creepy. I remember it clearly.

Phyllis - next time you're on youtube, type in 'Crowded House don't dream it's over' - it's a really beautiful song, apart from an odd line which doesn't seem to fit toward the end LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.