Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
I am really beginning to think the media coverage on Anthony Weiner is just too much. It is becoming a circus and I really think it's time to step back and focus on more important issues. What do you think? Should this story be receiving so much coverage?

Stephanie Romero
Independent Parties
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
I don't watch the news or t.v. but now I'm curious to know who this guy is. I'm sure I'll forget about it in 30 sec. o.k. maybe 2 sec. laugh

The media always has a way of making people focus on some circus act to keep the focus off more important issues. That's just my feeling and the reason I don't watch news especially any stories on politics. Most of it is made up b.s.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
Well politics is a huge part of my life and important as a citizen of this country, in my humble opinion. But Anthony Weiner is a NY congressman who lied and said that his Twitter account had been hacked when some lewd photographs of his emerged, sent to women. He adamantly denied sending them but a few days later, admitted he had. He is refusing to step down, even though those in his own party want him to. It's basically about integrity, is what it really comes down to. Something sadly missing in our country's leadership.

Stephanie Romero
Independent Parties
Elephant
Elephant
I agree that politics is important but what you see on the news isn't real politics it's a circus. I finally found out who this "Weiner" is because my boyfriend heard about it at work. Hilarious story but I would have to agree that people are making way to big a deal about this.

From what he told me it sounded like this photo thing was something from college? It sounded like it was his past coming back to haunt him but from what you're saying he allegedly sent these photos recently.

Was it to somebody he was flirting with? Is he married and this is a woman he was having affair with? In any case who cares! Is he doing his job. I think people are way too concerned with the private lives of politicians and celebrities and care less about these people's track records or about real issues.

If he is a pervert who sends naked pics of himself to women he doesn't know then that's kind of creepy and gross and I can see why all the fuss but if not then who cares! Are we so uptight that we can't deal with our public figures having real sex lives. Is he doing his job. If he is then that's all I care about. He could be having sex with vegetables for all care as long as he's doing his job.

I'm sure this post will offend many but it's what I think. Too much attention is placed on the circus and not enough on the real issues.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 06/15/11 11:18 AM.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
"He could be having sex with vegetables for all I care as long as he's doing his job."

Even unpeeled nopal?

Elephant
Elephant
laugh Hey maybe he's into the whole BDSM thing too. We'll never know now that he's been exposed for liking sexy time with women. Oh the horror! grin

S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
No Monica, this is stuff he is currently doing and he is a married man, doing it on government's time. Thankfully it is all about to end, as it was just announced today that he is stepping down.

Stephanie Romero
Independent Parties
Elephant
Elephant
I got curious about the story and googled him. This guy's got issues. I always wonder why people who want to do the things he's done even get married or work in such high profile jobs.

His poor wife must be going through such a hard time right now. So many politicians do this. What is up with that!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.