Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Everyone:

Do you think home improvement increases the value of your house and helps with selling your house?

Personally, I think it depends on what TYPE of improvement was done. Some folks turn their garages into a EXTRA room = I will not be buying that house. Reason - I LOVE having a garage even if I don't have a car. And no, I don't use it for storage when I don't have a car smile

Now your turn...

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
S
Home improvements and updating can definitely add value, but you have to make good decisions. I fell in love with a newly updated house, only to find that they added a beautiful laundry room by taking so much space out of the garage that you could no longer fit a car in there.

The other problem is people doing sub-par work and not getting permits. The next buyer goes to get financing, then through title search and inspections, they find a whole lot of issues they need to resolve before they can actually purchase.

Sandy Eggers
BellaOnline Golf Website Forum
BellaOnline Tennis Website Forum
D
Gecko
Gecko
D
If I were planning to sell, I would look at the value of surrounding homes first before starting an improvement project. See if the cost of what I plan to do can be recouped at the time of sale. Also make sure that the improvements are similar to what is offered in newer construction in the area. For instance all the newer homes around here seem to be installing granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances in the kitchen. I'd keep that in mind if I were going to do a kitchen remodel to entice buyers.

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Thanks Sandra and Donna for stopping by and sharing with us smile

It is always so hard to locate the problems before you move in sometimes. That is the part I hate frown Gone are the days when folks fess up to stuff. Thank goodness there are now legal ways to get out of a house purchase smile

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Originally Posted By: nobitab
Home improvements offer many benefits: they not only make your home more comfortable, but can also be a prudent investment. Popular projects include: kitchen remodels, bathroom additions, deck additions, siding and window replacement � all improvements that, in addition to making a home more livable, may actually increase the value of a home.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
What do you guys think about the value of fixing up an outbuilding into a guest cottage?

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I would like to think that making a guest cottage on one's property can only help improve the value of a home?

H
H
Home remodeling can focus on multiple areas for both indoor and outdoor renovations that benefit the home. Making them more up-to-date and energy efficient, expanding the square footage and remodeling those areas, we need home repair and replacement that can increase the home's value.

Last edited by hireacontractorn; 08/03/11 07:54 AM.
F
F
Naturally...home improvement increases the value of our home and helps us to sell them on high price.

Generally, things like kitchen and bath upgrades, and energy conservation items, like high efficiency heating and cooling, and energy efficient windows have the greatest impact on home value. How much all depends on the real estate market in your area. I suggest you work with some real estate appraisers in your area and see what they suggest. You can also look at some homes for sale in your area. See what they have compared to yours, and what they are asking for the house. Don't jump into a several thousand dollar renovation.

pest control

Last edited by fattwe; 08/24/11 04:37 PM.
H
H
Well, I do think that improving the home will increase its cost value. If you wanna sell your house just do a little bit improvement and then see the jump in its cost.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.