Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#689548 05/23/11 06:10 AM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Hi this is cryst!! 6 years back .. i have tattooed my side neck!! Now i want to remove it!! I am aware of the laser removal technique... but heard that .. it hurts a lot!! is it true?/ Also ... according to you guys.. which is the cheapest and the best method?? Please reply friends... i need your help! :)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
R
Intense Pulsed Light Therapy is less painful and more effective and the price of IPL $10 per pulse.

Elephant
Elephant
I have not found any indication that IPL will work on removing tattoos. It's a method of removing body hair and treating surface skin conditions.

If you need more info on tattoo removal, there are some articles here you might find helpful.

Let's Talk Tattoo Removal

A Tattoo Removal Conversation

~ Rae ~ #691859 06/01/11 05:59 AM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Thank you Rae for those blog links...
I am really in a big soup, don't know what to do, because the first two techniques are damn painful..
I think laser removal is only the option i have, but as you mentioned in your blog that sometimes only the half of the tattoo is removed...
hehe i am going mad!!

Does this happen often, or only in some cases.. where there is colored tattoo??

L
L
First heads up, do NOT use a laser designed for hair removal on your tattoo. Often times it can make it worse and harder to remove. The lasers are not the same. I am going next Tuesday for my 1st of hopefully only 8 laser treatments. Laser tattoo removal is ultimately the BEST way to go. Most effective and least chance of scarring. However, the downside of being able to remove what was meant to be FOREVER is that it is more painful (so I hear, but I will know for sure first hand next week), more expensive and takes a heck of a lot more time to remove, than the actual tattoo itself! But if its eventually completey earased, it will be worth it. I cant put a price on that! So really its kind of like whats more important to you? How bad do you want to be able to wake up one day and not see that tattoo? I have gone to a few places that specialize in tattoo removal for consultations before picking a place to have the removal done because at this point Im a huge skeptic. The tattoo I want removed is on my wrist and is about 3"X5" and is black and red. Lucky for me because black, red and dark blues are the most identifiable by the lasers. Flesh color and neon colors cant be picked up by the lasers. Although I have been told that Im a perfect candidate to be able to achieve complete removal, Im still not expecting miracles. My worst fear is that there will be ghosting or shadowing. That scared me a bit becasue Id much rather have a vibrant and good looking tattoo than one that looks all old and faded. But after lots of hard thinking I believe Im making the right decision. Im willing to make the commitment to get this removed! I dont know how much research you have done, but there are a few factors that go along with achieving the best results. The lighter your skin color the better. The darker the ink the better. Also placement. You have better blood circulation above your heart, so the neck and head usually have better results than the lower body. The laser doesnt actually get rid of the tattoo. The ink particles are too large for the body to absorb and get rid of, so the laser breaks up the ink underneath the skin. For the next few weeks after the treatment your body will get rid of it naturally through the blood. So with every treatment your breaking up more and more of the ink. So another factor is your immune system. The healthier you are the better your body will be able to rid the ink. At every consultation Ive asked if there was ever a point that the laser will quit breaking up the ink and they all told me that "As long as the laser can recognize the ink, it will continue to break it up." Which is where being fair complected comes in handy. As far as the pain goes, its been described as a bad sunburn or hot bacon grease. Some say it just feels like your being popped by a rubberband. But just like the tattoo the pain stops when the laser stops. The treatments are super quick. Try watching some videos on youtube. Youd be surprised how quickly they can be done. But theyre are ways of keeping the pain down. Numbing creams, ice packs or cold air. For some of the really big tattoos they actually will give you injections to numb the area. Ive heard the worst part of the whole process is the itching. Which theres stuff you can be put on it to relieve the itching. Sorry to make this such a long reply, but there is really so much information on the subject. Perhaps you just need to go to a consultation somewhere and quiz them over every detail. Like I said my treatments start Tuesday, June 7th and then I will have another one every 4-6 weeks after that. I also plan to start a blog, so that people who are in the same situation and maybe made a stupid mistake whether they regretted it 2 hours later or 20 years later, can see that there may be a way to just earase it all. They can follow along through the good, the bad and probably pretty disgusting at times. Sorry again for making you read all of this! If you have any questions Ill definitely do my best to answer them for you or help you find answers.

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Thank you very much linney.... You really removed a big burden from my head,
Now i think laser treatment is really worthy....
Now at least i can speak something with consultancy guy... because i have some information on laser treatment...

And yes the post was long, but it was worth it... It really carried great information...
And i suggest you to open a blog, because you really got a great personal knowledge about stuffs like these!!

Thank you once again Linney! smile

F
F
I have the problem with you. This is a little piece of tatton on my left hand. I am afraid hurt too. It is so horrible. I regret so much. And thanks Linneybaby, I will try.

farseer #693338 06/06/11 10:59 PM
L
L
Your very welcome. I completely understand the feelings y'all are going through. I feel a huge sense of stupidity on top of regret on my part because I started out with a little tattoo on my wrist that I was tired of. It was only 2 years old and so I thought if I added to it and made it prettier that I would like it again. Yeah well here I am though. I hated it even more and to make matters worse, the small tattoo I had is now more than doubled in size and is almost impossible to cover up. Oh yeah and to top it off, I started regretting it while I was walking out of the tattoo parlor. It was definitley a rash and not well thought out decision. And all of this was only less than 2 months ago! My first treatment is tomorrow so I will be sure to let y'all know how it goes. Im definetly taking pictures, possibly recording the procedure on my phone. We'll see how I feel when I get there. Also I am working on the blog so as soon as thats up and running I will post the link!

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Yeah man best of luck!!! Curious to see those pics!!

L
L
Thank you. Well I've had 2 treatments. I'm really impressed so far, but ive got 6 more to go.

P.S.
Does anyone know how to fix the way to create a link so that you can just click on it? When I preview the post, its right, but when I submit it, it turns out like this. You cant just click on the link...

note from moderator - self-promotional linking is prohibited, this is your third warning

Last edited by ~ Rae ~; 07/26/11 01:03 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.