logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
How many Raptures dates, or End of the World, have came and gone?
And how many more in the future!
And why folks believed in that so much ?

I just find it incomprehensible to try to understand this desire for the end of the world by Spiritual means. Our world will end soon enough because we destroying the environmental balance that sustained meaningful life for us.
At least we all know that is our own fault with our greed for better and for more of everything. As if there is no end or limits to what we can do or should do.

But to desire, and accept End by Spiritual means?
I can only say that Entity is not spiritual and neither great at all!

After all, how many times will you be lied to.
And yet folks go on believing and believing.

Sorry for ranting :-(

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I think many are drawn into this with a strong desire for something better. Anything would have to be better than what they currently have, and the people who stir these up have a keen sense of that vulnerability.

There have probably been hundreds of such situations, and there will always be those willing to abandon logic and blindly follow a leader with grandiose claims of "something better."

Christianity is not the only religious base this happens in either. I think it's safe to say that all societies have had their share of inaccurate Doomsday prophets and those who follow them.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
My brother just told me that this doomsday guy did the same thing back in 1994 (or around that time).

I agree with what Jane has written. It happens every so often and those who are looking for something better grasp it and hold on tightly.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Shanlung, so true...

I think of this often, truly. The depleting of resources, between greed and gov. and individual complacentcy or just not wanting to think about it, well, if you look around, it takes energy and time by the elements to rebuild what we destroy. So, if a geological end is eminent, including myself, I know it would be due to several things...it isn't going to come out of the blue.

Nature is perfect. Funny, but I consider it my best friend. I get nature. It's balance, in tuned and doesn't take without replenishing. I can't say that for people nor the gov. In my Soul I don't feel the gov. has the planet in it's best interest. It feels more like a billboard to advertise taxes or something.

Real care? The people that really care? They don't demand money, they just do what's necessary. Any one of us could graft a tree or plant herbs, flowers, etc, rebuild our rainforests (our natural filtration system).

Our Universe as a whole, though, it's an operating system. It doesn't just stop. I feel we will eventually find means on other planets similar to our own. We continue, like others before us. It's just that what we do now WILL effect things we as individuals may not be personally around for.

However I also feel, there are people who are powerful people who advocate these things, but deep down have no real intention of implementing them, not in the truest sense of the form anyway. It seems more of a way to get control or stay in THEIR true form which would be power and money.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I find it a joke if any Government care. Even if they say that they care, those are statements made to position themselves for votes and continuation in power.

The melting of the Artic ice cover is a small illustration.

We all seen the Governments tripping over their feet in claiming shipping rights through ice free waters, in claiming mineral rights to oil and gas at bottom of the Artic ocean now exploitable now because of no ice.

Will miners in a mine be fighting over the value of body of the canary which just died in the cage? I like to think the miners will be smarter than the Governments and probably rushing out of the mine knowing the canary dying did not auger well for the mine, and staying alive is a lot more important than the value of the dead canary.

Is the melting of the Artic and tundra like the canary dying in a mine?

Except miners can run out of the mine to safety.

We have only this little planet that is our home and nowhere to run to. And those Governments more intent on fighting and squabbing on shipping rights and mineral rights than why is the ice melting and what to do about that.

We put them there.
We got what we deserved.
Nothing more, nothing less.

And nothing to do with any Entity above or below.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Well said Shanlung smile

I'll bet in the wee hours we have some very similar conversations running through our heads. I like the canary analogy too. A real leader isn't going to squabble, demand, threaten or fight over the rights to something in side a non-secured zone.

A sincere leader is going to be focused more on securing the zone AND should be so absorbed in that process, they aren't primarily worried about making a personal profit from it.

When I read headlines about people starving, without shelter in foriegn countries and then look at the presidents or "kings" or "queens" dressed to the hilt with their people's money and adorning themselves with this or that, I don't see a leader. I see more of a disgrace and clearer insight as to why their people don't have their basic necessities.

As you wisely mention, "we put them there" (these leader types) so it makes yin yang - sense, we get what we deserve, sadly. We could stop it at any time working together instead of apart.

What's equally disheartening is that when the selfish motives of these "leader" types take a negative toll on the economy or our sacred resources, they take even more from their people, in Spirit value, by pitting them against one another, blaming this type of person or that. They never hang their head in shame, out of honor, for their people and accept responsibility of their own.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
The question now is what do we, sorry change that to I, what do I do about it?
To change the unchangeable?

To educate mankind to a different mindset?
Do I really know I am right in the first place?
Do I know what to try to change?

Is there truly time left to do that?

Much of the rest of the world want to go the way they have gone before as they see nothing wrong in consuming and wanting a better richer life for themselves.

A fraction of the world praying for Apocalypse. Where Entity above fight Entity below without the slightest regard for collateral death & damages to anyone else. Strange that mere man can find collateral death & damage to be abhorrent and unacceptable but highest Entity felt that to be Godly and acceptable.

Truly spiritual entity do exist. I hope you read of my personal encounter with one that was in the other thread here.
Fragments of earlier memories in Taiwan.
http://shanlung.livejournal.com/111670.html

If such entity had done nothing to save our Earth other than to shock me out of my wits, who am I to think I can save the Earth.

I rather put back my blinkers and rose tinted glasses to enjoy whatever is left of the time that we have then to try to change the unchangeable.

Taking comfort from the beasties and birdies that share my life.

And to follow the Tao, to drink when I am thirsty and eat when I am hungry.

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.