Next Thread
Print Thread
#689309 05/21/11 09:45 PM
G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
Wondering if anyone else on the boards have experienced pancreatitis. A week and a half ago I went to the hospital for acute pancreatitis caused by a gallstone. They cannot remove the gallbladder yet until the inflammation of the pancreas comes down, which the doctor said would be in about 3 or 4 weeks.

It was both painful and very scary. It was a severe case and I was in ICU for about 5 days. I hope to never go through that again. I guess I would feel better if I could talk to others about it.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
It is uncertain just what causes the inflammation of pancreatitis. If it were me I would take supplements of serrapeptase, 3 caps 3 times a day to reduce the inflammation. I prefer the brand called Doctors Best that is available from iherb on the internet. I also have an artilce about serrapeptase on my website in its use for irritable bowel disease. It is a very safe broad use anti-inflammatory with no side effects. Use my coupon code of BAR 967 for $5 off your first purchase. Because I think that it may be related to a microbial issue due to poor drainage caused by the gall stone I would also look into using MMS. You can find out about MMS on my Stomach Issues website. Follow MMS directions exactly.

Last edited by ArrowDurfee editor; 06/03/11 11:12 AM.
G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
Arrow,

Thanks for your response. Though I do believe in alternative medicine for certain things, while under doctors care I need to follow specific guidelines for recovery.

The pancreatitis was specifically caused by a stone that lodged into the duct and I am waiting to get my gallbladder out when the inflammation eases. Waiting on an MRI test next week to see the next step, either surgery at the end of June or going on a feeding tube for 3 weeks to help ease the inflammation. Until then I am on a very low fat diet.

Have you had pancreatitis?

A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
As I said, if it were me I would use serrapeptase. A feeding tube to reduce inflammation is not an acceptable choice to me. you can read about it here. www.serrapeptase.info All supplements should be stopped one week before any surgery. Also, when you go ito surgery make sure you have someone who can be your watcher for you. Some one who will make sure your medicaitons are correct and that you are receiving proper care. I did this for my husand when he had his gaul bladder out and it was truely necessary

G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
My partner is going to take off work for a week and lock me in the bedroom lol. Kidding.

But yeah, I will have someone there for the whole week. She is probably the only one to put up with my 'on meds' creative thinking patterns. I just hope it all goes ok. And didn't need a feeding tube tg!

A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
Good that you have someone you can trust. Since you identify this person as a partner instead of a spouse I would be concerned that they do not have sufficient legal position to make medical decisions for you in case you cannot make them yourself. I suggest that you tell your doctor that you want them to have power of attorney for medical issues. He should be able to direct you to a scoal worker before the surgery to get this all in order. You never know what can happen and it is best to be prepared, and this will give your partner the power they need to make the decisions for you that you would make yourself if you were capable.

G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
Good Point. I had not even thought about that until you said it. Thank you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.