D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Hi all,

I currently use Blogger, but am looking for something a bit more professional then the "blogger" at the end of the site name. I'm not quite ready for a paid site, I was considering taking an ed2go class on Wordpress, but before I do I wanted to raise this conversation again on which looks more professional - WP or Blogger?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I use both, and I love how customizable WP is, but Blogger is the easiest to use. Getting a paid domain name for Blogger, if you do it through the dashboard isn't very expensive. I think 10 dollars a year?
Wordpress does look very professional with the right layout, but you can start out immediately at a very low yearly cost for a domain with branded email (gmail interface) with Blogger. AKBrewReview is one of the WP blogs I have. (That needs updating!) Don't Eat the Paste is my Blogger blog.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I use Blogger, I have three blogs on there, it is so easy to use.

www.boudoirbeautysecrets.blogspot.com/

www.anonymasthoughts.blogspot.com/

www.linda-islam.blogspot.com/

I have them under the name Mind, Body and Soul.

I have never tried to advertise on any of my blogs, I don't really know how to go about making money from Blogger.

Linda Heywood

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Just use Adsense on Blogger. smile It's all I use, and while not raking in big bucks, it is a consistent added income, and it's easy to plug in because it's another Google product so it's already to go.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Thanks, everybody!!

I didn't know you could pay for a Domain name through Blogger. Eventually I want to turn my work into a website, but need to put a few more things in place first. I have a deadline in place for that.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Shark
Shark
I think WordPress is not only more professional, it's much, MUCH easier for readers to leave comments on. There's nothing worse than wanting to leave a comment on a blog post, and having to jump through the hoops that Blogger sets up!

For that reason alone - to encourage readers to leave comments and make it easy for them - I'm a fan of WordPress. I started blogging on Blogger, and migrated to WordPress. It wasn't hard.

Happy blogging! :-)

Laurie

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Thanks Shala I will give that a go.

Linda Heywood

Elephant
Elephant
I tried both just to play around (this was after I already had my first site up for 2 years.) and ended up liking WP more.

In the end it's not worth it to spend time creating something to eventually have to move somewhere else. I don't see the point of doing something twice.

If your goal is to monetize your writing why do the work twice? Why not learn how to do it right form the start and start making some real money in 6 months?

How much is that edg2go class gonna cost you. SBI will teach you EVERYTHING you could ever want to know and then some for less than a $1 a day. Did you know they teach SBI at big name Universities? I'm considering becoming an instructor in the near future.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 05/20/11 11:48 AM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Tiger
Tiger
I definitely prefer WP for design and function.

If you decide to go with Blogger don't buy your domain name through blogger, buy it through a site source like go daddy. Then when/if you decide to buy your own domain it will be easier to take the already developed domain name with you.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Great point. OK, though I probably should know this - what is SBI? The ed2go for the same class depending on if I sign up through the local community college is $99 and through a DC school it's $89.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.