Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
LOL Thanks for the smiles

Rosie L
OP Offline
I wonder if that prairie dog ever found Ellen?

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
K
Gecko
Gecko
K
Phyllis, the animal voiceovers were awesome! I sooo needed those laughs! Thanks so much for posting that for us! smile

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
OP Offline
You are so welcome, Kitten. It is fun to share laughs and just let it out sometimes.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Shark
Shark
Hello Kitten,
Although I've never suffered from clinical depression, my sweetie still struggles with it. Yes there's medication and counseling, but sometimes it just strikes. I've seen the physical and emotional torment of deep sorrow with no definable cause. I will say however, that Phyllis definitely has the right idea. Do your best to stay strong, get some laughter in your life and don't hesitate to reach out to others. This forum has many friends' shoulders to lean or cry on when you need it. You can always message me if you need to or just feel like saying hi.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I completely agree, Phyllis!

Situational depression IS different than clinical and both can, in my opinion feel quite similar.

I had a friend whom I was very close with and she was in the health field. She said, "Of all people, I should know enough about depression NOT to be depressed. I guess I don't. I'm going on meds."

Now this was wierd. I don't know what I was doing, something in the kitchen, but I said, "Well, do you know what you're depressed about?"

She said, "Well, Ya."

I said, "So it has a name to it?"

She said, "Yes, I Know exactly what it is."

I said, "If you know exactly what it is, what makes you think that the message is really in a bottle they're going to give you?"

She said, "I don't. I just know I'm not supposed to be sad..."

Then I said, "Why not? Does the situation make you sad? Not the sky, the moon, the stars, but the situation itself?"

She just looked at me and started to cry and said, she didn't know what to do.

I'm like, "Many of us don't. I don't think that ever goes away. You kind of take it on a day by day basis. Maybe you just need to mourn?"

Last edited by Elleise - Clairvoyance; 05/23/11 11:00 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
K
Gecko
Gecko
K
I wrote an article about that. Depression and Childhood Abuse But when you are deeply depressed and you don't know the cause, you need to look at your past. It could be because of unresolved/unforgiven issues that you've forced yourself to stop thinking about, but their effects are still there because you didn't know how to cope with them.

Also, when women get in their 30s and 40s, if they were sexually abused as children, they sometimes begin to have flashes of memories come forth. Sometimes the depression is there before the memories surface.

I'm not saying that's your problem. Just saying that sometimes it takes a therapist to help you find the root of what is causing your depression, and then some people do benefit from medications--good luck with that.

Last edited by Kitten - Depression; 03/09/12 03:53 PM.

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
K
K
If you are feeling abandoned then try to move around with your comfortable group ,discuss your issues and you can also do yoga

G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
Yes I have felt that way in the past. I had suffered a double depression for over two years without knowing anything about depression, nor did I have people around me who understood it at that time. But I've learned so much going through it with a greater understanding of myself, the clinical condition, and about others and their own reactions to it.

Clinical Depression is something people have, not who they are. Clinical Depression is not indicative of someone's character, ability, talent, personality etc. That is so important to separate. Sometimes clinical depression is not even indicative of life events or personal circumstances.

8 years later I am doing very well and my life has turned around. I thank God for accepting people in my life and for the medicines available to those who are suffering right now from clinical depression. I have not needed any meds for a long time but if I do, I will not hesitate to use them again.

Last edited by GoodMorningSunshine; 06/27/11 08:01 PM.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Rayna - Depression Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.