Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Jeanne - African Culture
I wrote c r a p. Geez! I didn't know that word was on our censored list.

Well anyway, I have been dragging all week. No hot/cold flashes, but I'm exhausted to the point of tears and feel really down. I wake up in the morning and I feel like I haven't sleep, but I swear I slept all night. I can barely get any work done at all.

This evening I picked up some Estroven Energy - let's see if that helps me feel any better. Will give it a month. If that doesn't work, I'll try the next thing on the Walgreens shelf.

After that, I'll start getting things off the internet. Lastly, I'll just ask my doctor for prozac :-)

Hi Jeanne,

I took a look at the Estroven Energy ingredients. They look good. If it doesn't work, it may still be that you would benefit from some of the ingredient(s) in stronger amounts, or as a part of your actual food. Lisa is right about fresh, unprocessed foods. You get lots of beneficial nutrients, enzymes, etc., that work together for optimal results.

Your body is designed to heal and to maintain optimal health.

Vitamin D has been shown recently to prevent depression. The best way to get it is via sunlight, but if you need to, you can get it as a supplement. It has now been shown that most of the population is deficient in vitamin D, and the toxic dose is much, much, much higher than was previously believed. There is tons of new info on the many benefits of having adequate vitamin D.

Did you take a look at those links I posted before? The info there can lead to a good understanding of why you have the symptoms, and easy ways to change the causes while nurturing yourself (which you deserve).

I had quick, very good results from natural progesterone cream (available in many health food stores and online OTC), and a good diet.

If I might hazard a guess - I think you may have these symptoms not just because of menopause, but also due to needing some nutrients that have been missing in your diet, possibly combined with needing to reduce some "anti-nutrients" i.e. foods that deplete your health in various ways.

If you haven't explored these natural options much, there is a whole world of goodness waiting for you there. You may find that partaking of the things you need is actually very enjoyable, as well as effective.

I think getting enough sleep and some moderate exercise you enjoy is also immensely helpful, and they work in tandem. Moderate exercise helps you sleep, and sleep helps you have energy to be active.

I have had challenges to getting enough sleep through most of my life. I went through a long period when I had constant aches, so long that I was used to it. It interfered with my sleeping, but I didn't even know I could feel different. This seems to have been alleviated by getting more potassium in my diet.

I also unwind and sleep way better if I am lucky enough to get some massages... whenever I can, I get my feet, neck, shoulders and back rubbed.

Plus you can get feel-good-chemistry from natural foods. For instance, check out organic dark chocolate info and Resveratol in Chocolate and Anandamide

Taking prozac drugs a person into accepting what is wrong, instead of getting free of it. And sometimes it has bad psychological/emotional side effects for some people.

Wishing you all the best!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Sabira -

That's part of my concern with taking drugs - that I would be masking an important symptom instead of addressing a problem. It would be like my house had a fire alarm going and I was putting a muffler over the alarm. I want to figure out why the alarm is going off and fix the underlying problem.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Angela J. Shirley
Thanks, I will look into this smile
Originally Posted By: Sabira - Musician Editor
...Dr. John Lee did groundbreaking studies on the benefits of natural progesterone, and wrote some good books about it.
There are natural remedies, herbs, nutrition, and lifestyle changes that can bring hormones back into balance. You can go to Dr. Mercola's website and do searches on "hot flashes" and "estrogen dominance" to find many articles with helpful information...

You are welcome, Angela! :-)

Cheers!

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Sabira - That's part of my concern with taking drugs - that I would be masking an important symptom instead of addressing a problem. It would be like my house had a fire alarm going and I was putting a muffler over the alarm. I want to figure out why the alarm is going off and fix the underlying problem.

Hi Lisa - I feel the same way. And I have often found this concern to be justified.

Originally Posted By: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
In general I try to stay away from all medications because I've read so many books that describe how the side effects of medications are far worse than the symptoms. For example they talk about how a lot of the cholesterol lowering medication gets into the brain and damages your brain cells...

Are you referring to statin drugs? My Ron takes a statin drug, and is trying to decide whether to stop it, or heed his doctor's urging and increase it. We have read a lot of info on the problems associated with statins, but not about it damaging brain cells. Are you referring to statins? Regardless which drugs you are referring to, do you have links to info on this? We want to be well informed.

Thanks!

Gecko
Gecko
The estroven is an all natural supplement. Seriously, if I go to my doctor the way I'm feeling now I bet I'd end up on prozac or something similar. This week I've been absolutely exhausted and want to cry all the time despite sleeping well all week.

I've also dealing with a lot of physical pain for the past two weeks which I'm sure is playing a part in the emotions.

Gecko
Gecko
I do get enough sleep most of the time - I try for 8 hours a night :-)

I get enough Vitamin D. That was tested for at the GYN about 2 months ago. I'm outside in the sun at my daughter's bus stop for about 45 mins a day Mon - Fri.

I have started to walk about 30 mins a day 3 times a week. That is definitely helping me feel better. I didn't walk this week since I was waiting for a blister to heal up. It opened up on Monday (about the size of a quarter), but I got about 30 mins of walking in on that day. I will be back out walking this coming Monday.

The pain I have been having is:
my feet, from walking
both sciatic nerves acting up - maybe from walking
shoulders & back pain - husband is hogging the bed again which forces me into odd positions.

A lot of the above pain is mostly gone now. It's unusual all of that happens at one time.

I have been trying to eat better - adding in apples and celery to start. Have been limiting my butter to 2 tablespoons a day - I could marry butter I love it so much :-)

I've started working on my garden in front of my townhouse unit. That makes me happy as well.

I really don't want to go on HRT or prozac, etc if I can avoid it. Thus, working on making small changes over time hoping I will feel better overall and lose some weight.

I am finding that my symptoms are running in cycles. I haven't had any hot/cold flashes for a good week, but now I have no energy and want to cry. Has anyone found that their symptoms run in cycles?

So, I'm writing out this list so you all know where I'm at. Suggestions are welcome. :-)

Tiger
Tiger
Happy Mother's Day to you if you are one smile

Have you tried adding energy vitamins/minerals to your diet? I am not an expert on this, but I know they say stuff like the B vitamins and iron sometimes helps.

You may have sleep apnea, that is when you sleep but you don't sleep "deeply" enough to be rested. They say "deep sleep" is when you dream(lol). Found out about this issue from the bus driver for the Phenix City, Alabama bus before we moved across the bridge to Columbus, Georgia. He was suffering big time. You may want to get tested just to see if you can. There is help available if you have it.

Girl, I feel your pain smile
Originally Posted By: Jeanne - African Culture
I wrote c r a p. Geez! I didn't know that word was on our censored list.

Well anyway, I have been dragging all week. No hot/cold flashes, but I'm exhausted to the point of tears and feel really down. I wake up in the morning and I feel like I haven't sleep, but I swear I slept all night. I can barely get any work done at all.

This evening I picked up some Estroven Energy - let's see if that helps me feel any better. Will give it a month. If that doesn't work, I'll try the next thing on the Walgreens shelf.

After that, I'll start getting things off the internet. Lastly, I'll just ask my doctor for prozac :-)

Tiger
Tiger
Hi Everyone:

This is SO AWESOME - just what I have been BEGGING for since last year smile

Happy Mother's Day to you all and I hope you have a very SPECIAL day with not too much heat (lol). Sorry, a little menopause humor there...

UPDATE on me after reading yours...

We now have cable at the house, part of the internet package deal and we are back to having the bedroom TV on (which I do not watch/lol). Ladies, I am so not into having it on all night. Anyway, that was night #1, stay tuned for tonight #2. So here I am, been up since 5:30am, tired as heck and dreading the alarm going off this morning at 6am (yep, get a half hour extra sleep on the weekends/lol). Tired and really want to go sleep on the floor in the extra bed = no bed. But trying to deal with this. After reading Lisa's post, I am inspired to stay in the bedroom and somehow LEARN to go sleep with it on ALL night. The funny part, he is just like my baby brother and daughter = they are ASLEEP and the TV IS ON smile But let me TURN it off & they jackknife awake.

Thanks for sharing ladies...

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 05/07/11 01:35 PM.
Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Angela J. Shirley

You may have sleep apnea, that is when you sleep but you don't sleep "deeply" enough to be rested. They say "deep sleep" is when you dream(lol).

I dream all the time so I am definitely in a deep sleep. Lately my husband is totally hogging the bed to the point of I have barely enough room if I sleep on my side and one leg is partially off the bed. Takes me hours to get him to move back to his side. I've talked to him several times about this. I don't have another place to sleep in our home - unless you count the backseat of my car which at this point would be more comfortable.

If it's sleep apnea I would assume I would be tired all the time - every day, right? This weird fatigue seems to happen roughly every four weeks. I currently don't have medical insurance so any testing is out of the question for now.

I think I am going to track my symptoms and see if they are cyclical. I do feel somewhat better today. My mood is a little more happy today.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Back in the days when I had periods, every 4 weeks, I would be completely worn out just before my period.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.