Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Deb,
Hi! Thanks for your post. In preparation for my next trip to Alaska, I drove to my nearest Cabelas! What a store. My new best friend.

Dawn Engler
Alaska
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
A
I have my first trip planned to Alaska next month (June) for the inside passage cruise we purchased lined waterproof jackets. I know it wont be freezing by any means but colder than Texas where I am from! Super excited to see just a 'bit' of this fascinating state and hope to see more inland one day as well.

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Angela ... it sounds like you are going to be drastically UNDER-dressed for "glacier-viewing.

Part of any good inland passage cruise includes a couple of glaciers - right up close and personal. In June, that means SNOW & ICE and lots of cold air/wind. Unless you want to view from inside a glassed in area (not nearly the same as looking at it with no barriers), you will want a heavy coat (a "light" down-fill coat with a sweater underneath might suffice), warm gloves, a scarf and a woolie cap. Wool socks would be a good idea too.

SERIOUSLY.

If you want some photos of my last "glacier viewing" trip (in July), send the Alaska Editor a private email and she can forward it to me. I'll shoot the photos straight to you.

Your upcoming trip sounds SO exciting! It'll be an unforgetable trip for you, to be sure ... and you may find more than a few places to wear that coat, depending on your itiniary. smile

Deb in AK

Deb Frost
A
A
Deb, I actually misspoke, the coats are from LLBean fully lined including hood and rated to -20, plus gloves, hats and layers including sweatshirts for the on-deck viewing. I expect it to be a warmer in the ports but, I am prepared for briskly cold weather. It will be at least 100 when I leave Texas end of June then going to Alaska inside passage which predicts 50-65 land temps at that time :) I am a beginner photographer so I plan to capture tons of photos myself but thanks.

D
D
i would like see the beautiful nature lakes and oceans of alaska it would be an amazing tour for me if i get the chance to go to the one world coldest city...

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
i havent been there myself, but my best friend went over to see a friend of hers and loved it, definitely want to go!

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Alaska is definitely worth the trip! I go in 1 week, 4 days! Not that I'm counting or anything. LOL

Dawn Engler
Alaska
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  DebFrost - Alaska 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.