Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Amoeba
Amoeba
R
Hi Angela, You use relaxer that frequently? Doesn't it damage your hair? Do you have some hair treatment afterwards?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
P
Hello, Completely curly hair cannot be straighted permanently.However you can go for occasional straightening which will be i think very beneficial.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello all,
Isn't life funny? I have dead straight hair and wish so for tight curls! I have a friend who has wonderfully thick and curly hair which makes her look so pretty. But I suppose that a change is as good as a holiday for all of us. I had one perm once and while I loved my curly look then, I hated the process and fuss and time it took so have never repeated it. I guess we each want something we all don't have. Sigh.

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 05/04/11 10:10 AM.

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
A
A
You don't need a perm, you need a relaxer. A perm ADDS curl to the hair while a relaxer REDUCES the amount of curl in your hair. What they do is add a solution of thioglycolic acid to your hair and keep running a comb through your hair until it takes the shape of straight hair. It breaks down the bonds in your hair and reforms them to be a straightened bond.

Elephant
Elephant
Actually the term "perm" stands for PERMANENT. Meaning adding a permanent wave, curl, or permanently removing wave or curl.

Also, a thio perm is not the only one out there. There are many different chemicals used to either straighten or curl your hair.

The important thing is to know what you want, research the process, price, and person, and make the decision yourself.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
T
T
Try re bonding your hair and instead of using commercial products use natural products instead on your hair..!!Always comb your hair. [url=http://www.karensbodybeautiful.com]natural product[/url] [url=http://www.karensbodybeautiful.com]natural hair products[/url]

P
P
hello, There are lots of techniques which can be used to straighten you hair but you need to make sure that the par-lour where you are getting it done is authentic and the products used by them are of good quality.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.