Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#680774 04/23/11 12:13 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Everyone:

Share your European travel memories, ideas, tips, questions and more.

We would love to hear from you smile

Thanks,

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Bella Family:

Hmmmm, so no one has anything to share on European Travel?

A
Gecko
Gecko
A
I do and I have many fond memories of my voyages overseas.

I especially enjoyed the trips to Spain and France.

I feel that life is more appreciated there and lived at a slower pace: the simple joy of drinking a cafe au lait paired with a freshly baked chocolate croissant for breakfast and then taking a leisurely stroll, for example, on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice is delightful.

A bus trip through the countryside, walking the streets of Monaco, ambling through the town of Grasse and the perfumeries and simply gazing at the full moon over the Mediterranean...AH! Crossing the border to Ventimeglia, Italy, to indulge in a beautifully crafted gold chain and driving through the mountains of Andorra, one of Europe's smallest countries.

I'll never forget the Rock of Gibraltar, either, and the ferry I took through the straits of Gibraltar to set foot on the African continent in Morocco.

The food, the wine, the scenery, the people, the architecture that is centuries old is simply amazing.

And the breathtaking Alhambra in Spain, the beautiful gardens have left a mark on my soul along with the delicious paella and rioja wine I drank by the bottles. Goodness! I could go on forever.....

Last edited by anna*AHHA* Ruscult*; 12/20/11 11:59 AM.

Anna - AHHA
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Anna:

I can just picture myself there with you as I read the post.

Thanks for sharing with us - much APPRECIATED!!!

A
Gecko
Gecko
A
Thanks Angela: I'm happy to share and also glad that you got the sense of the experience itself.

smile

Anna - AHHA
E
E
Christmas in Zermatt is one of my favorite Christmas memories. On Christmas Eve the church bells began to ring and the multiple bell sounds bounced off the mountains echoing until it was a joyful cacophony. Add a little falling snow and it was Christmas card perfect.

Ann Carroll Burgess
EuropeanTravel@bellaonline.com
E
E
Has anyone spent a New Year in Europe? I'd love to hear your midnight into the new year experiences.

Ann Carroll Burgess
EuropeanTravel@bellaonline.com
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Eurogirl:

Sounds awesome, wish I was there(lol).

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by and sharing with us - much APPRECIATED.

Hugs,
A

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
All right, this will make you smile: When I was 15 - many, many moons ago - I spent few days around New Year in Paris with my much-older brother and some of his friends. "Wonderful!" you might think, but I will have to go back one day and enjoy Paris for good this time, because believe it or not that was the most cold, wet and sad New Year of my life. The boy I liked in schoold those days would not even suspect my existence on this planet, not to talk about my crush and my heart aching for him, and there I was in Paris, the most romantic city on Earth (well, maybe after Venice) "alone" with a bunch of adults in a fancy restaurant being marry drinking champagne, while I was thinking of him having pommes frites (what we call HERE French fries) and orange juice. To top it all, I could only get glimps of the famous and beautiful decorative lights along the Champs Elysees through a wet window, while the "City of Lights" was for 4 days under one of the worst winter storms of the century, with heavy rain, winds, snow and ice, making it impossible to explore and enjoy that which was supposed to be one of the best travel experiences of my life!

Today, some times I think back and smile about that trip.

My husband said he would like to take me there next year. I answered it would be wonderful being there for my birthday. In June!

Last edited by Cinzia - Italian Food; 02/10/12 12:54 PM.

Cinzia Aversa
Italian Food Editor
www.facebook.com/ItalianFoodBellaOnline
Also author of the eBook Simple Delicious Italian Recipes.

"Never cook as a chore or duty, or your food will taste like it" C.Aversa.
B
B
i have never been Europe but i want to go there. days inn orlando florida

Last edited by breet; 07/24/12 07:32 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.