logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#679390 04/18/11 05:01 PM
OP Offline
I keep seeing haunted dolls for sale on ebay and such places,and although i wouldn't buy one i wondered what your views are on these dolls.Do you think they would possess a bad spirit or do you think it possible for them to possess a good spirit,maybe that of a relative or friend who has passed. I know when my partners children were young they had a collection of porcelain dolls and one in particular caused a lot of upset with them.Noises upstairs when there was no-one up there and when the children were asleep.Also one of the girls swore and still swears that the doll used to move,even though she is now in her twentys,she still says it gives her the creeps to think about it. In the end my partner says he threw the doll away and there was no more problems.All the other dolls they had never bothered them. xx

Last edited by elainemay; 04/18/11 05:03 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
elainemay #679719 04/19/11 09:52 PM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
It isn't the doll itself but a disembodied spirit or residual energy that has attached itself to the doll that causes all that activity.

As for haunted dolls for sale on ebay...I wonder who determined that they are haunted and what, if any, proof or evidence the seller can provide to the buyer.

Oftentimes, the spirit that is "haunting" a doll is really just using it to frighten the living but will stay with the house or with the residents.

But then again, some people are fearful and that invites a lot of activity--paranormal or not--into their middle-of-the-night imaginations. A fearful mind creates.

Once your partner threw away the doll, the fear was gone.

I'm not saying that it couldn't have been haunted or wasn't haunted, but there could be other explanations as well. We had a lot of dolls that we swore blinked and moved in the middle of the night, too. Terrifying at the time.

Last edited by Lori Chidori - Marriage; 04/20/11 12:29 AM.
OP Offline
Yes i agree totally with you.A childs mind can be very imaginitive.I'm not saying it was haunted either but it only takes one person to think they saw something and start the ball rolling. I don't know where these people on ebay and such get there information from but it would be interesting to maybe challenge one of as to what or who is actually haunting the doll and see what they come back with.Some of them are very expensive and it baffles me as to why someone would actually want to buy one.As you say the spirit is usually wanting to cause fear and disruption. xx

elainemay #679902 04/20/11 02:27 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OMG that is so scary! First of all who would want to buy such a thing? I think dolls are creepy regardless. Also, how did they determine it was haunted?

I once brought this doll from a market in Venezuela and thought it was all cute at first, but then whenever I looked into its eyes I would get scared. I always feel like dolls can trap spirits and stuff.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Well, dolls can't trap spirits because dolls, as inanimate objects, do not have free will or power over higher energy beings. But I think you mean that spirits can get stuck in objects, including dolls. True.

Inanimate objects are made from the same cosmic matter that we are but they lack life energy, which is a very big deal. So, objects can absorb energies--positive or negative--from whatever goes on around them. And sometimes, errant spirits just get stuck in objects because of their attraction to it and their limiting beliefs.

Objects can be imbued with energies by their creators' intentions, too.

But for the sake of this conversation, a doll is a doll is a doll. We infuse, transfer or transmit energies to it with our intentions, fears, beliefs, etc. And spirits can do the same with it.

Don't fear the doll. smile

OP Offline
Maybe thats what these people do with the dolls they sell.Dangerous game.I think people should realise what exactly can come through.I'm not saying they do,just my opinion thats all xx

elainemay #682962 05/02/11 09:28 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi All,

I just stumbled onto this thread and, of course, had to read it, LOL! I have a LOT of dolls. Some old, some new and some that I rescued. I have them displayed in every room of my house, so far none seem to be haunted. We used to live in a haunted house, with very positive, welcoming spirits, but none of them came with us when we moved, (darn it, I miss them), and none inhabited any of my dolls, ever.

Just my opinion, but I think that people who are creeped out by old dolls in general, have seen to many movies like "Chuckie" and believe it. I'm sure it's possible for a doll to be haunted, as any other object, but I've never seen one and I've had close contact daily with a lot of old dolls.

OP Offline
I was interested to see what people thought,because of what happened with my partners kids.I wouldn't say dolls can't be haunted,they probably can,i personaly have never seen it myself.I have however read a lot of stories and articles about it since i first saw them on ebay e.t.c.I have three beautiful porcelain dolls that my partner gave me to sell,but no one seems interested in them.Shame because they are nice

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.