Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Phyllis, Native American
Would it bother you, or your husband, if one or more of yours or his close friends were of the opposite sex? (just friends, not lovers).

Ummm, yes, it would bother me LOL. Which is very hypocritical, as I've got a couple of platonic male friends I get coffee with once in a while. But usually it's for a reason, not just to hang out. We are usually discussing something that's going on, either with a creative endeavor, or a community event.

Lori, I agree. Friendship intimacy could lead to other things... I just don't want to go there.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
1) respect
2) communication
3) love

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
You are so right! Great post!

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
I agree with what other women have said, communication, respect, love etc. One huge thing that I have realized in my current relationship that was so different than some other relationships was the compatibility of conflict resolution skills. We both had our way with working through each others defenses in ways that were needed in order to feel respected and safe. We are different people, but understood enough about the other in how to confront the issues in ways that would promote acceptance of viewpoints and feelings. We both had those moments in disagreement when, I came around or she came around to really understanding the issue in a broader perspective. Another thing for us growing together as a couple was respecting autonomy and individuality. We enjoy our own hobbies, friends, music, book styles etc along with sharing some of these interests together. And last the big thing that is helpful in our relationship was the similar values we have. We have been broke together, had money together and still had laughter (even if it was over a 99 cent bacon cheeseburger at Wendys). If her family needed help or my family needed help we were on the same page in loyalties. We have had differences with parental styles but have learned from each other and always with the value of family first. We see things differently spiritually but with the intrinsic belief that all human beings have value and significance, their right to the journey of belief, experience, seasons, and expression. Those were big things for me.

Last edited by GoodMorningSunshine; 04/23/11 03:15 PM.
D
D
Compassion Kind speech Passionate sex

U
Amoeba
Amoeba
U
Same values Trust Communication

Last edited by una87; 05/19/11 10:39 PM.
Tiger
Tiger
How do you know you can trust?

That is the hard part for me.

I have the communication and passionate sex(lol), I am just so insecure when it comes to other women. I guess I carried my "baggage" with me into this relationship and he tells me this all the time.

Anyone been in my shoes?
Help!!!!!!

I no longer let him know it bothers me, but my INSIDES keep reminding me and I am holding my breath for getting hurt. How negative I know. I wish I could do better.

Any tips?

Or does trust just happen?

Thanks girls smile

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kate Relationships Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.