Next Thread
Print Thread
#674602 04/01/11 04:14 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
With the weather turning nicer, I find myself wanting to get outside to walk again. Walking for exercise has been recommended to me by my physician, and is often recommended to those with various types neuromuscular disease. Recently, I discovered the benefits of using walking poles while walking.

Walking with Poles

Have you ever tried walking with poles? Do you find walking poles to be useful? I would be interested to hear about your experiences.

Last edited by Jori-ND Editor; 04/02/11 07:11 PM.

Jori Reijonen, Ph.D.
Neuromuscular Diseases
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Good for you Jori smile , walking has ALWAYS been my therapy and exercise. It is free and can be done any time.

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 04/02/11 12:00 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Angela, I agree that walking can be beneficial for one's state of mind as well as body. I often find that it can also be meditative if I take the time to clear my mind of the day's worries and 'clutter,' and focus on my own movement and nature around me.

Jori Reijonen, Ph.D.
Neuromuscular Diseases
Jori, Can I ask which walking poles you use? Are the inexpensive ones sufficient?

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I bought a pair of walking poles from Wal-Mart for about $20. I looked for the packaging but cannot find it to give you the brand name. Overall, I have really enjoyed them. They are easy to adjust to my hight, have straps and fit comfortably to my hand, and have been light and easy to use.

I wore out the rubber tips (meant to go over the little spikes for trail walking when walking on pavement) within a couple months, however, so they are noisy when I walk around my neighborhood. I cannot seem to find resplacement tips. So, I cannot fully recommend them. If I save a little money, I will probably go to a sporting goods store at some point and buy a new, more expensive pair with better (quieter) tips for walking in my neighborhood.

Originally Posted By: emmy1
Jori,

Can I ask which walking poles you use? Are the inexpensive ones sufficient?

Jori Reijonen, Ph.D.
Neuromuscular Diseases

Moderated by  Jori-ND Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.