Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
When forever stamps came out I did the math. Should I bulk buy them now and use them in the future, thus saving money? I'm not sure I can repeat the math now, but I worked out it's not a saving but a loss to buy 10 years worth of forever stamps, it's better to keep your money in a savings account. Added to the fact that you may lose them and never remember to use them.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
T
I don't buy them in bulk but, I do prefer purchasing the Forever Stamps because then I know that they will always be good to use. smile Even if I lose them and find them later!!

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yes exactly. I don't buy ten years worth but whenever I do buy stamps I buy forever stamps. That way if I don't use them immediately they don't become hard to use when the price goes up.

In very encouraging news, my desk drawer is STILL CLEAN!!! This is fairly amazing. So that was worth the effort to do.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
A three month update! Still fairly clean! If you make the effort, and then just keep an eye on it, it's completely possible smile smile

Low Carb Forum
F
Gecko
Gecko
F
I have trouble with letter series stamps. I have some "G" stamps, but there were apparently several series of "G" stamps, each worth a different value.

Forever stamps? The first series of current forever stamps was issued in April 2007 at .41 each. First class postage is currently .44, 7% higher. If I had banked $100 in 2007, it would have paid less than 1.5% per year or 6%.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Frank, so the forever stamps are actually a better investment than the bank? huh. Good to know.

Lisa, congrats on your desk drawer!

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello there everyone,

Lisa and all, I have just been a copy cat and done the same thing with three drawers (one in the kitchen and two in the study) and did throw a lot of 'stuff' away. Put it all in a double plastic bag and left a note inside for the person who finds it ... "I hope you can use this stuff or some of it anyway and if not please give it to someone else who can!"

I will never know the results but am sure that someone out there will do something with some of the non-junk-half-used-no-longer- needed-by-me stuff I included.

Ah, now to tackle the wardrobe with the same simple approach.

Hmmm.

Cheers!

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
P
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
P
What a sweet idea of leaving a note. Like the old saying goes, what is trash to some people is a treasure to others. I try and keep my desk drawers organized, but i'm sure there are pens in there that no longer work, so I need to go through it again some day.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I do have several other junk drawers around the house so I need to work on one of those and make progress. Maybe I'll work on the kitchen drawer sometime this week.

Low Carb Forum
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.