Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
The original 'Don't be afriad of the dark' was really, really fricking creepy - with those little monsters whispering and running away from the light. They've just re-made it with Katie Holmes and a little girl as Sally. The original was a TV movie, but it SO should have been a cinema release - its superb.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Those twins and the bathub lady in The Shining were very creepy.

Tiger
Tiger
My mother wasn't that smart. LOL. I was preteen when I watched Exorcist so it's pretty much still the ultimate scary movie. I still have nightmares if I end up catching a scene on tv which happens more than I would like by accident.

Two others that come to mind are Amityville with the bleeding basement and The Candy Man. I can't open my bathroom cabinet at night without thinking of it. I know, scarred right!

If I could go back and change one thing from my childhood it would probably be my exposure to horror movies so early.

Amoeba
Amoeba
My childhood horrors were The Thing, Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, and then in my twenties, the Audrey Hepburn/Alan Arkin thriller that I can't remember the name of right now. Something about Wait in the Dark? The result: altho I'm an insomniac, I can't walk around the house in the dark at night without feeling like something's gonna grab me.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Curse of the Vampire was the worst by far. I was a seventh grader, and the film had a splice. One minute a person was walking a little dog, quick cut to a slobbering vampire. I slept with my mom for a week and was scared for years!

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
My mother let me watch all the horror movies as a young teen too LOL, and I was already terrified of Michael Jackson's Thriller video - which my younger cousins mocked me for LOL. The worst was The Omen 2 - the scene in the elevator - because my mum said "you can look now!" (cos I was hiding my eyes) just as an electric cable splits a guy in half - so I was hysterical for about half an hour LOL - my mother felt very guilty about it. I still can't go in them unless I have to even to this day, and I'm so scared they're going to break down.

The worst though was a movie my aunt rented called, "I, Madman" about this character from a book coming into reality, and he was obsessed with this woman - and to prove his love for her, everytime she denied him he cut something off his face. So he had no nose, lips, eyelids, ears - it was SO scary. Then he murdered this girl and scalped her and appeared behind the woman wearing her hair and twirling it in his fingers - at that point we both shut off the TV and went to bed. Then we both had to try and squeeze into my cousins single bed because we were both completley terrified LOL. I've never seen the end of that movie...

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
I remember being scared out of my wits by 'The Nightmare on Elm Street' movies when I was 8!! I dunno, Freddy seemed so real to me but I admit I do have an over-active imagination! Some movies still scare me but they are more psychological thrillers. Movies like 'The Others' with Nichole Kidman set my imagination into a frenzy. I watched that movie at a midnight showing in a theatre when it first came out, and had a horrible time getting to sleep later!!

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Those are both brilliant movies Kdor - I'm not surprised you were scared. Nearly everyone I know was scared of Freddy smile He's a really brilliant character (or was) - the idea of this twisted maniac who can bring forth your worst nightmares and kill you in your sleep, while looking incredibly scary and having that bladed glove is all so imaginative and intense.

I remember - I loved the others, though I guessed the ending, just before it was revealed. It's a really sad film, as well as spooky. There are some really strong themes in that film regarding life and death and what happens when we die - that's why I love the horror genre, it triggers so many different ideas and emotions smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
The original "Night Of The Living Dead" was one that terrified me for months every time I thought about it. I thought the remake was not as scary.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Halloween was so scary when I was a kid!!!!

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.