logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
Does anyone have a method for "automating" the calculation of ingredients when you cook multiple meals/entrees for a client? For instance, a spreadsheet that would add up the total of onions, garlic, wine, etc to make beef bourginion, coq au vin and chicken provencal? Presently, I have to do this mentally or with pencil and paper; since we cook up to 5 entrees/week for families and sometimes do this for a two weeks at a time the math becomes cumbersome. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
Hey Jiminspiredcooking,
Thanks for the question. I've got a chef in one of my networks, David Buchanan, who's got a calculator, Plate Cost Calculator, I think will fit your needs. Let me know if this helps.

G
G
Putting all those details into excel would be very taxing. And if you lost it, that would be an excel recovery nightmare, probably. I would really suggest something like an online cook-book or calculator.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Originally Posted By: Great_Grand
Putting all those details into excel would be very taxing. And if you lost it, that would be an excel recovery nightmare, probably. I would really suggest something like an online cook-book or calculator.

I can understand how you feel, and I take it that it'll depend on which thing you have more of an affinity for. Each one has its pluses and minuses. My preference is excel for a few reasons:
1. I don't have to depend on getting online to get to my information. [keeping things at hands reach is always a plus, just in case the server's down when you want to get a hold of your info.]
2. You can make adjustments for larger and smaller volumes in an excel spread sheet and have it calculate your info and give you your results.
3. I like the interface. It's something I'm familiar with, with a very small learning curve and for the data entry portion to get the info added I've got a great teen at home who loves making her spending money by handling those types of tasks while learning innovative ways to get through the workload quicker and more efficiently. grin

But I will do an online search for some more solutions to choose from.

Thanks for your input.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.