Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Everyone:

Do you donate unwanted books and magazines to your public library?

I am not sure if EVERY library accepts donations, but we would love to hear about yours.

Personally, I have not donated any items due to hanging on to stuff - but I know a lot of folks sell their items to a used book store.

Libraries either sell the donations to make money or give items away free. What does your library do with their donations? Do you agree with how they are handling donations? Personally, I LOVE the fact that I have been able to get some items "free" with the recession in full swing. I do prefer NEW books and magazines, but have learn't to appreciate these free items smile

What are your thoughts on this subject?

Thanks,

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I have donated to the local high school library. They happily accept donations. I donated a newspaper I used to get. When I was done reading it, I would give it to the library. I also gave them several books that seemed appropriate for high school students.

SUSAN D. BATES
COLLEGES

Connect with Colleges on Facebook at Colleges at BellaOnline.com

Follow Colleges on Twitter at colleges_info

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Susan, thanks for stopping by and sharing with us. I did not realize that local high school libraries did this. Thanks for this info smile

Originally Posted By: Susan-Colleges
I have donated to the local high school library. They happily accept donations. I donated a newspaper I used to get. When I was done reading it, I would give it to the library. I also gave them several books that seemed appropriate for high school students.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Our local library has a 'Friends' organization that holds a semi-annual book sale to raise money to buy new equipment, office supplies, books, magazine/newspaper subscriptions, etc. I have worked with them to permit my bringing in a workforce of teenaged Scouts to perform community service & reap the rewards to giving & not getting. We are helping them set up for theis Spring's event this weekend.

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
That is AWESOME Beetle and bringing in the youngsters helps to keep them off the streets.

Originally Posted By: Beetlemess
Our local library has a 'Friends' organization that holds a semi-annual book sale to raise money to buy new equipment, office supplies, books, magazine/newspaper subscriptions, etc. I have worked with them to permit my bringing in a workforce of teenaged Scouts to perform community service & reap the rewards to giving & not getting. We are helping them set up for theis Spring's event this weekend.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I donate to friends of the library. They hold book sales and the money is given to support library programs and improvements.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Dianne:

Don't you work for the library?
Thanks,

Originally Posted By: Dianne W - Editor
I donate to friends of the library. They hold book sales and the money is given to support library programs and improvements.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Yes I do. I'm their HR Manager so I'm not actually in the library proper, but rather their administrative offices. I love the book sales though. The last day of the sale they have $1.00 days. A dollar for a paperbag - all the books you can fit into it. Some people are packing pros!!!

As library staff we get first dibs to shop before the general public.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
Good books with your heart to donate

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I donate books year round to my library for our annual book sale, which incidentally is happening this Sat. smile I belong to our library FRIENDS and have been sorting books for a month. Lots of really good stuff (rubbing hands together and smiling)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.