Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#671603 03/20/11 03:34 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Everyone:

Do you or someone you know own a motorcycle?
Do you think they are safe?

I hate driving beside, in front and behind of them as I fear someone dropping off one or them going into a skid and I cannot stop in time. And adding the fact that some states let them ride helmet less. Is this ALL states?

Hope to hear from you smile

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 03/20/11 03:35 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
So no opinions on this subject?

Originally Posted By: Angela J. Shirley
Hi Everyone:

Do you or someone you know own a motorcycle?
Do you think they are safe?

I hate driving beside, in front and behind of them as I fear someone dropping off one or them going into a skid and I cannot stop in time. And adding the fact that some states let them ride helmet less. Is this ALL states?

Hope to hear from you smile

C
C
Hi, we are a family that travels by motorcycle a lot. Just give us the same distance as you would a car. Just because we are smaller and don't take up as much room, people sometimes feel the need to drive in our space. My husband has been riding for 50+ years. Our son and daughter learned to ride at an early age, they are now 49@50. We all ride with helmets and I do feel that they should be used at all times, but that is just my belief. We live in Canada and here it is the law but when we ride south of the boarder we still wear them. Donna

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi contrygranny:

Thank you for stopping by and commenting and I am so glad to see you do wear helmets.

This reduces the chances of having some serious injuries. Now, like the seatbelt and a car, some folks do still get hurt or die in spite of taking these precautions - but I know for myself, wearing a seatbelt saved my life in spite of my "little" car being totaled.

R
R
I hear you loud and clear. I had a bad accident on one when I was 20. Didn't have a helmet on or it wouldn't have been nearly as bad. There are so many more bikes on the road than there used to be. I had a small business in a tourist trap favored by weekend bikers. A lot of those people drove like idiots, made me nervous.

Last edited by radiotalker; 02/11/12 11:34 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.