Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
The idea that it doesn't matter what you believe as long as you're sincere about it is illogical. I think it's important to Examine Your Faith to see if it is well-placed.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Nice artivle LeeAnn. It is a very important topic.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Very nice article LeeAnn but I have a question.

I have been pondering a question for quite awhile now and I really don't know how to answer it so maybe you can help.

It's about freewill.

God gave us the gift of freewill but is it really free? We can choose to believe in Him and choose to believe that Jesus died for our sins but this choice has dire consequences if we choose wrong.

If we choose to believe then we will be rewarded in Heaven but if we choose not to believe then we are cast into the Lake of Fire.

It sounds like an ultimatum rather than freewill.

"You have the choice to believe in Me or not, but, if you don't then you will pay the price."

There is no middle ground. So doesn't our freewill really cost something?

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Hi vance,
I'm sure LeeAnn will have a much clearer answer to your question but this just popped into my mind.

The price for sin is a constant. Since God is pure and holy, the price of sin is spiritual death - away from God. (Romans)
The gift God gave us was payment for that sin. Jesus' sacrifice.
We can choose to pay for the sin ourselves. That is our choice. Many people choose that path.

It is like being offered a piece of cake. Choose not to accept it and you don't get to eat it.

L
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
L
Hi Vince,

We absolutely do have free will. Here's the situation: God created everything. He's letting us enjoy what He created, providing oxygen and rain, sunshine and plants and animals. Everyone has access to those things while they live, even the people who rail against God and/or say they don't believe He exists. But those people are not forced to go on being surrounded by what He has created, not forced to remain in His presence forever...they have a choice to reject that future. If they do, they are given what they desire: the absence of God, which means also the absence of all His good gifts. It would hardly be freewill, or fair, or loving, if after someone declared their desire to be rid of God, He forced them to be in His presence forever. Whether the Lake of Fire is a lake, or made of fire, or that language is an attempt to describe the most horrible thing imaginable--eternal separation from God--the idea is surely to make people consider what it is they are asking for. Like Lynn said, if you refuse the cake, you don't get to eat it. And if you refuse the cake, presumably it's because you DON'T WANT IT. If you don't want God, you don't have to have Him, and the consequences are just the natural outworking of that decision.

Moderated by  Sunnie - Bible Basics 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.