logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#670819 03/16/11 05:36 PM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I know this is an old, cliche question, but I've never asked it before.... Do you prefer Bewitched or I Dream of Jeannie?

I've always preferred Bewitched... as a kid I immediately identified with Elizabeth Montgomery as my role model... a beautiful, sexy, smart, powerful, self-assured woman. (and Dick York was very cute, too) Jeannie was OK, but her frequent references to Larry Hagman as "master" were a huge turn-off!

any profound thoughts on this???

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
LOL I LOVE both smile

Both "oldies" but oh so good. And I love the "original" shows, not the remakes. Hate when they do this, just not the same.

Great post!

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
You know, I used to like Nicole Kidman. But I lost all respect for her in that disgusting movie she made based on Bewitched. I despise all remakes! Please just leave well enough (ie, perfect) alone!

Another classic TV show that I love is the original Star Trek, and I refuse to see the remake that that young group of actors made a couple years ago... Someone else as Captain Kirk other than William Shatner is totally unthinkable for me, just as is someone other than Liz as Samantha!

Elephant
Elephant
I was just watching a workout video the other day and the trainer was wearing a pair of cool harem pants that are super popular right now. She looked very Jeannie like (ponytail and all). Reminded me of that show.

I always loved Jeannie so much more. She may have called the captain or major master but we all know she was the one calling the shots. She was really the master as is the case with all Jeannie's LOL. She was one of the first actresses to show that much skin on t.v. and she's still smokin hot.

The Samantha character on Bewitched came across as a stepford wife who just wanted to do whatever it took to keep the hubby happy. What ever happened to Elizabeth Montgomery?

I do have to agree with you that Kidman made a [censored] Bewitched and Shatner was a sexy beast who's only rival was Picard on TNG "Make it so" (LOL).

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Interesting how we see the same thing in different ways. I still think Sam was the best... nothing wrong with the wife wanting to make hubby happy... and vise versa, of course... maybe there would be less divorce if couples worried about each other's happiness more these days. smile
Elizabeth Montgomery died in 1995 of colorectal cancer. She was 62.

Elephant
Elephant
That makes me sad to hear that she died of cancer at 62. That is still fairy young.

BTW, The Smoking Jacket website has a Jeannie vs. Bewitched Showdown and Sam wins but all the commenters seem to prefer Jeannie. If you are not easily offended this article is so hilarious.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

K
K
Bewitched! Jeannie was good but Bewitched was better. I went to Coaoa beach a couple years back and was disappointed they didn't have Jeannie memorabelia. The store clerks looked at me like I had two heads. Kat

Gecko
Gecko
That is so funny because in Salem they have quite a bit for "Betwitched" and I lived in Florda only 15 minutes away from Cocoa Beach back in the 80s and you're right- you would think they would just for another tourist angle!

Proud Pagan
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I just came back from Wal-Mart, where I noticed they have Bewitched and Jeannie Barbie dolls for sale. There were a lot more Jeannie dolls than Bewitched dolls left on the shelf. Does that mean that Bewitched is more popular with Wal-Mart shoppers? I don't know, but I - of course - had to buy one of the two remaining Sams... she looks just like Liz looked in the the earliest episodes of the show, with her cute curled-up hair...

a beautiful new addition to my rather extensive Barbie collection!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.