Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Hi, everyone!

I just added my new article entitled "Negative Thinking Increases Depression."

Are you aware of your thought patterns? Do you constantly expect the worst and think negatively about yourself and the world around you? If so, how can you NOT be depressed?

You can check it out at the link below:
Negative Thinking Increases Depression

Let me know what you think of the article! And feel free to comment on anything else you'd like to discuss!

Have a great week and TAKE CARE OF YOU!

Kitten

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
I feel the same way you were talking about. Maybe it makes me feel like I am preparing myself for the worst. Good article Kitten!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Thanks, as always, Connie! smile My faithful cheerleader! lol!

I know. That's how I saw it, too. But we can't really prepare ourselves for the worst. If we dread it beforehand, we're no better off than we would be if we didn't even think about it. However, I always thought it was good to not get my hopes up, in order to prepare myself in case of rejection. It's not like it's good to think you won't get something, but it might be better to just wait and see than to believe you'll get what you want, and not get it. You have to be careful not to create a self-fulfilling prophecy. I mean, don't go around saying, "Oh, I'm not going to be able to lose the weight! It's in my genes!" If you believe that, of course, you won't lose it!

And if you were to go on a date believing the guy would be a jerk and never call again, chances are, you'll treat him as such, he'll hear your attitude, and not ever call again! See what I mean?

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
Koala
Koala
Yes...I know exactly what you mean!

~anonymous~
Koala
Koala
I must endeavor to persevere. Harder than it sounds though...

~anonymous~
K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Hey, Connie!

How's that persevering going? smile Not sure what that's about, but I hope everything is good for you.

How's Mary Jayne? I'm sure you have your hands full with her. I'll be she's a lot of company, huh?

Take care of you!
Kitten

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

Koala
Koala
Hey Kitten MJ is fine. She is on spring break this week and we have done a little spring cleaning. Or I have lol. We did clean out the toy cabinet. So I guess she did some spring cleaning too!

I just love that quote from the Outlaw Josey Wales. "We told him about how our land had been stolen and our people were dying, when we finished he shook our hands and said 'Endeavor to persevere!' ...we thought about about it for a long time, 'Endeavor to persevere!' And we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union."

Last edited by conniem; 03/15/11 08:33 AM.

~anonymous~
Koala
Koala
This is what I have been up to. So far I have completed 4 dogs. I have been cutting for 2 days now. I have 10 cut out so I need to get busy sewing!

~anonymous~
C
C
Negative thoughts not only increase depression but also deteriorate the health condition. It is better to practice meditation or yoga to get a healthy mind & body. Consulting a counselor may help overcome negative thoughts.

Last edited by cuddly; 03/16/11 03:21 PM.
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I have to share what works for me and my daughter. If you don't know yet, my adult daughter was diagnosed with the same terminal genetic disorder that killed my son. It is incurable and progressive. Of course, there are real reasons for us to be depressed but I refuse to let this diagnosis rob us of any and all happiness and joy we can get from this lifetime.

So...I constantly focus on what brings us joy, peace and laughter. What makes us feel good? I ask her, "What can we do today that will bring us joy? Let's go out for a walk in nature! Let's play with animals! Let's find a way to help someone else! Let's see a funny movie and laugh! Let's write and create something that will outlast us!"

We vocalize everything we appreciate: "What a wonderful sunny day! We're so blessed when the weather is just awful elsewhere." "We're so grateful that our bodies are healthy today and we can walk and walk without being in a wheelchair." "Wasn't that person so nice? It's so great that there are some really good people on earth."

It starts out slowly, with just one heartfelt appreciation and then, it sort of snowballs. Soon, there are more smiles and we're not paying attention to the negatives. Today is a joy. Can't worry about tomorrow. We will deal with it when it comes. But for today...life is good.

One evening, an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. 

He said, �My son, the battle is between two �wolves� inside us all. One is happiness. The other is unhappiness."

�

The grandson thought about this for a while and then asked his grandfather, �Which wolf wins?�

To which the old Cherokee simply replied, �The one you feed.�

Feed the joy!

And omg, connie! Those dogs are sooo cute!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rayna - Depression Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.