logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#661172 02/07/11 11:36 AM
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
There is a new article posted on the Attachment Parenting site about co-sleeping. It discusses what co-sleeping is, the benefits and risks and the ways to keep it safe. Feel free to leave me feedback here! Thanks.

Molly Carter
Attachment Parenting
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Molly's co-sleeping article

Great article Molly!

I co-slept with my babes, and it made things SOOOOO much easier.

I totally agree about those sleep cycles syncing up! I really noticed that! I was dreaming like 15 dreams a night LOL!!!

I think if people knew how much easier co-sleeping is, they'd do it.

We actually started co-sleeping because my son was born three weeks early, and we hadn't purchased the crib yet :::whew::: After he was born my hubby and I were like "why??? would we want a crib?"

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
I'm so glad you enjoyed the article Deanna. My son is currently 3 months old, and having him in my room is so easy. Originally, we had his room upstais with our girls, and I can't imagine running up and down the steps every night!

Molly Carter
Attachment Parenting
Amoeba
Amoeba
I love cosleeping. I just wish I hadn't been made to feel guilty with my other babies. My now 6 month old has never slept in a bed other than "our" bed, and we love it!

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
I know what you mean Vanessa. My oldest was in our bed, but the middle one never was. Now I look at her and it makes me sad due to missing out on all those snuggle times!

Molly Carter
Attachment Parenting
P
P
Molly, your article was 100% correct. I used to need articles like this to validate my choices, but now that my baby is older I am just astonished that anyone doesn't agree with this stuff! Attachment Parenting is the only thing that makes sense. I would never give up co-sleeping. Waking up next to your baby or little one is the most amazing experience. I love watching her sleep and to be the first thing she sees when she opens her eyes. It's too bad this philosophy is not more mainstream. When she was a baby, I quickly learned to just lie about co-sleeping to doctors. It's not worth the argument. When they asked where she slept I would just say "crib" and be done with it. Why is that any of their business anyway? It upsets me that so many doctors just discount co-sleeping by saying it's "dangerous" while overlooking all the benefits. In fact, in my opinion, there are ONLY benefits, no drawbacks. As you might have noticed, I am sort of a fanatic about this.

Gecko
Gecko
We have taken a very relaxed attitude towards co-sleeping and it has worked well for us. I don't recall making a conscious decision about whether or not to co-sleep. We had a bassinet in the bedroom and if the babies fell asleep in our bed, fine. If we put them in the crib or bassinet and they got fussy during the night and needed to be soothed, into our bed they came..no big deal either way.
My opinion is that co-sleeping is about as natural as it gets in parenting. It's only natural that moms need to know their babies are safe and babies need to know their moms are there for them. If sleeping in the same bed is what it takes to fulfill those needs, so be it!

K
K
Co-sleeping is a practice in which babies and young children sleep in close proximity to one or both parents, as opposed to a separate room. It is standard practice in many parts of the world, and is practiced by a significant minority in countries where cribs are also used. [url=http://www.pregnantquiz.net/]pregnant quiz[/url]

Last edited by kinley; 07/21/11 07:43 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.