Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
First hand accounts are the ones I put the most stock in. It's you and the person you're talking to. No second hand conversation.

Remember when I was talking about riots popping all over after Egypt and some how they tie in to here? Since tha'ts happened I've talked to my husband about them.

I remember saying something about MI, MN, Chicago, after your mentioning WI. He said, as you, they are Union states. Officials are actually LEAVING WI so they don't have to vote on something?

He said the Unions have gotten so greedy, states can't keep up with their demands? I didn't know the state paid Union salaries. I thought Unions did that. I'm learning.

So I'm like Unions now can put not only businesses out of business but now states? Then I took it a step further and said, what's to prevent all states from going out of business with Fed. gov. eventually owning them all?

I've got to be misunderstanding this! It doesn't seem like anything I could even imagine and I can imagine a lot.

He also told me the people inducing the riots (he used my word...that part I liked) are people that have little to do really with the issues at hand but encourage them while hiding behind just causes.

*****This part is off the subject*****

The NZ earthquake isn't the one I was talking with you about. It will be at least 1 - 2.5 or 2.7 points higher. The geography doesn't even feel right.

Also, you mentioned still having a modest car. Almost a year ago I truly saw gas prices hitting up around 5.00 a gallon. I don't have a car, but it feels about right, still. Small steps, wise movement! smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
At this point, union members represent a very small percentage of the workforce nationwide. Many of us have never been a union member and don't know how they work.

With all the large manufacturing businesses which have closed over the last 30 years, the only parts of the economy in which unions could expand was in the service industry and government. SEIU (service workers union) has had quite a bit of news coverage and their president is a frequent visitor to the White House.

I heard this discussed on a commentary show the other night and it makes sense with my previous post about unions. "Grab as much as you can to get your 'friends' elected."

Collective Bargaining is not really bargaining when both sides of the table are on the same side. Since the Teachers Union are primarily involved in the protest in WI they are a good example here. Teachers union membership provides a few things the schools and local governments cannot. One of the most incentivizing is legal representation in the event of a law suit. With our "sue-happy" society, this is an important, necessary benefit, so most, if not all, teachers join. The unions use a large portion of their revenue from monthly/annual dues to support their chosen candidates for school board and other local and state positions. They max out campaign contributions, pay for political ads and "encourage" members to vote for their chosen candidate.

Unions have contracts with the State which address much more than just wages and benefits. Some of these include things such as the work area temperature, amount of sunlight, regulations on missing work, and procedure requirements as long as my arm for reprimanding/firing a member. If the State needs to adjust or change something addressed in the contract, it will involve lawyers, great effort and expense and probably be postponed until the next contract negotiation.

Here's an example: Your local school district could save $1 mil each year by adjusting the thermostats slightly in all buildings, i.e. 78 degrees instead of 75 during warmer months and 72 degrees instead of 75 during colder months. However, if the union contract mandates a work environment of 75 degrees, the school district must re-negotiate, with lawyers, experts, etc. That process would probably cost $1 mil, so why bother.

When it's time for negotiations, the union reps and attorneys are on one side, across the table are the elected officials the unions supported, contributed to, and "encouraged" their members to vote for. For unions, it's basically negotiating with "yourself." It comes down to how much elected officials can let the unions have, while not upsetting the taxpayers too much so they can stay in office.

Some unions set up and manage their own pension and benefit plans. Both the employee and employer pay a certain amount into each. Union dues are used for administrative costs and can be accumulated for assistance, such as during short-term work stoppage for things like maintenance shut-downs.

Government doesn't have maintenance shut-downs and most of their union contracts require the State to set up and manage the pension and benefit plans for union members. The unions don't contribute any funds and this frees up their income for other activities.

I've heard the phrase "kicking the can down the road" many times in the past two weeks. This is something our elected officials have been doing for decades, and that "road" has now come to a dead-end. Many States have amassed so much debt and deficits they cannot continue to make payroll and benefit payments at the current levels, while also providing services mandated in their constitutions. Some States, such as WI, are required by their consitution to have a balanced budget.

The union supported Democratic Senators in WI have fled the state to prevent a vote on the new Governor's budget. Not having a Senate quorum IS shutting the State down.

States, like Congress, cannot be eliminated. But their relevancy can be reduced. If states go bankrupt (I don't if they legally can) no doubt the Federal government will be forced to pick up the slack. Federalism vs. States Rights is an issue which has been debated for over 200 years. We should each read the Constitution, it's not that long. A hefty portion is on what Federal government CANNOT do. Any authority, power or obligation not specifically granted to the Federal government belongs to the States. This is one of those important "checks and balances" necessary for a democratic republic.

If the States go down and the Fed steps in, the balance of power is further shifted and many checks on that power will be minimized or eliminated. Our Founding Fathers are already "rolling in their graves" over the vastly increased powers of the Presidency. If States go down, they might just pop out. Well, one can hope smile

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Thanks for the Earth Quake information. I read some reports on AP and somehow knew this wasn't the one you were sensing. It felt too far away to me.

This was a relatively mild quake, however that area has experienced several over the past 6 months and buildings have been weakened. That part of the world has had more of its share of disasters the past 10 months. Bad things always seem to come in 3's. Hopefully this is the third one.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
There's 2, actually, to me that feel to be hovering around the index I mentioned above. One is in the US or travels up through the US and another country. This other one feels like it's across the waters or islands. The one in the US seems to have something to do w/mountains.

Not that long ago I felt an earthquake would happen along a fault that either isn't known to be active or wasn't known at all, so an earthquake where you wouldn't normally think there to be one.

After the NZ earthquake I looked that up and read it was along an unknown fault. Having said that, though, it's still not the magnitude I was feeling.

Also, thank you for the info! I usually feel uncomfortable asking about political things because I'll usually get a person's selective knowlege, you know that favors their candidate or opinion. The way you do it is exactly what I need.

Also, I wanted to mention a dream I had last night. Normally I don't sleep walk. The past few nights I have been. The TV is rarely on and I don't go anywhere. Those things are important to mention. The dreams are mentioning words I wouldn't use or talk about and I can't even tell you where the indian ocean is without looking it up.

Anyway, I was talking in my sleep and my husband said I said 3 words over and over, "Argentine, Chile, and Hussain." When I spoke to him I said, "They're de-programming them."

Any ideas? Thanks

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 02/24/11 01:49 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I'll have to do a little "huntin and peckin" on that strange threesome. I've been keeping up on anything I hear concerning Venezula. Hugo Chavez is their "elected" dictator and he's been closing down independent media and gobbling up any industry with a profit for the government. Most disconcerting are his relationships with the President of Iran and leaders in Cuba.

Hussein is an Arabic name and I have no clue as to possible associations with Chile and Argentina. Will post any findings.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I don't know how Hussein ties in with gudaffi (sp) the Lybia stuff but Hussein seemed to tie in with one of his kids and in the dream I felt like when Theye said, "They're reprogramming them" They meant this gudaffi guy, teaching them a lesson or squeltching the Spirit.

That in itself isn't hard to believe, but the dream, like I said, what was wierd about it was I was living or playing it out physically or sleep walking.

The other thing I think it may, not sure yet, be referring to is this gudaffi guy moving around regions, either gathering them or moving from one land/county/...no continent to another?

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Originally Posted By: Eleise - Clairvoyance
*****This part is off the subject*****

The NZ earthquake isn't the one I was talking with you about. It will be at least 1 - 2.5 or 2.7 points higher. The geography doesn't even feel right.

I'm going to make this particular post a different thread. It's too difficult for me to find otherwise.

With as many things that are constantly in progress, when something comes through, I either have to be looking for it, as in investigate or if it comes through on its own, it's more of an energy that is gaining momentum.

I don't normally investigate or look for earthquakes, but they've been on my mind for about the past 1 1/2 years and I'm trying to connect the "common deominators" coming through.

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 03/01/11 01:49 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
P
P
Where thoughts go energy flows !! so the quickest way to bring about disaster is to focus your thinking on disaster. Yes it is important to know enough survival skills to care for yourself in an emergency, and to have a store of non-perishable food and water available at all times, viable seed to plant a garden would be a good thing to include as well as a gun, bullets, axe, knives, scissors, basic garden tools, and other basic tools! NOW! stop and consider the size of the trailer you would need to house these few items and how you will transport it if a major disaster occurs and ther is no electricty or fuel, oh did I mention candles, campstove, fuel, matches, a windup short wave raido, fresh batteries, walkie talkies, foul weather gear and perhaps a tent......well it should be appearant that you would likely have to stay put to have all the supplies you would need to cope with a natural or other disaster on your own. So it makes far better sense to be prepared and learn the skills and have the tools and build a sense of community with your neighbors, and community, as well as the rest of the world so that all will be willing to help at a moments notice if something bad should happen somewhere. Humanity is a giant organism where each cell (person) wants to believe that they are the center of the universe and can be seperate and self sustaining......sadly that is a huge lie that your ego wants you to believe. Everyone has likely herd the quote "No man is an island" well that is the truth!!! humanity needs to operate as a single organism much like bees in a hive or a colony of ants to survive and prosper. We also need to take better care of the host that sustains all of life as we know it, THE EARTH, for if we don't we will have no one to blame but ourselves when it becomes so disheveled and toxic that it can no longer support us humans. If you haven't seen the movie "Avatar" watch it and you will see a message from spirit about what human kind is doing to our home and how we are encouraging its distruction and honestly where we are headed, as well as how life on this beautiful planet was intended to be, and can be if we choose to change how we think about our selves and our home Earth.

Last edited by Paula D; 03/05/11 11:52 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Paula, I agree our thoughts can effect some events, and frequently wish I had the ability to "stop" thinking on the content of my dreams. Despite much effort, that is not the case. Even when dreams are blocked upon waking, there remains a constant nagging, "I had one of 'those' dreams, what was blocked?"

Like you, many of us recognize we are messengers, but have much trouble finding a way to deliver our message to those who need it. For decades I struggled with being shown an event for which there was not one thing I could do to assist those involved in any way. The frustration can be devastating, as well as the Why's. But I also don't believe in coincedences or accidents. It took a while, but finally accepted all things work together in my life.

This answered one of the Why's - Why must I go through the daily mental and physical "side affects" of these dreams? I'm pre-grieving and preparing. I also now have a record of accuracy, with that comes credibility.

For the first time in 40 years, I have two things:
Validation of my dreams from others who are experiencing them - It wasn't a coincedence Caulbearer11 began the topic "Visions of the Near Future." I'm not the only one who needed a nuetral, safe place to compare/contrast, gather and glean, in trying to make sense of information provided. I share with others who have put much thought into this, not to hasten/effect the events, but to find means of mitigation.

That's the 2nd thing, Elleise so graciously provided with this companion topic - I finally have something to do with the information, learning/compiling what is useful now and may become necessary, and sharing with as many as possible. Not dwelling on the event(s), but analyzing with faith I can help someone in some way. When we are generous with anything, time, knowledge, our generousity is compounded and can be far reaching.

This topic has had more than 20,000 views. If just 10 people learn something useful, begin to prepare to provide for themselves, family and friends, and adjust their mindset to a simpler, more conservational life style, my time in learning and posting will have been well spent and rewarded. Yes, I have stressed privacy in preparations and stockpiles, but not for setting up an "island." Islands are impossible to defend without a network/community. We must help each other in every way possible, not just in times of hardship, but each day.

If those 10 readers each share with 10 others and so on, this "crazy" lady down in "Po-dunk" Georgia will have helped effect some positive outcomes for people and our Earth, from some very negative dreams and visions. I'm not being presumptious, it's already happening within my community, my network, with my friends and family. Those I thought would not be receptive to my "message" of learning and preparing have proven me wrong. Several have been feeling "something" and asked about it.

This seems to be a time when we "messengers" have an eager audience. There are gloom/doom mongers who seek to scare, they've been with us forever. But for many of us, the intent is only to share our message and help prepare in some way.

I am so glad you have joined in. We need every point of view and perspective, every approach and idea. There's not a single fix that works for everyone. Like you state, each of us is a cell in the body of humanity and must contribute what we can.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Gosh, 2 both perfect perspectives in the equation of life. Both are accurate yet neither would be as useful if relied upon solely.

If everyone just thought of themselves or their own preservation, we'd never have unity. However, if we never paid attention to warning signs, we'd be extinct long ago.

Alone, we're not meant to be an island, yet, Humanity isn't to the stage where they can operate as one, a higher frequency organism.

People still have hairs up their tail-pipes about which race, religion, gov., is supreme and are so caught up in their OWN un-balance, they're willing to offend, fight, destroy and kill, just to show the world view that they're right. None are supreme or are "The One" no matter how much they might believe it to be true.

Our species, like the natural kingdom, has an order to it. Instinctive, survival tendencies. We, though, seem to run in cycles. I want to say every 100 yrs. or so. It takes about that long for our destuctive habits to be forgot. However, it isn't genuine. We'll repeate our destructivity and call it something else.

There have always been differences of opinion, but there are cycles where balance is so in need of restoration, we enter a period of destruction before we actually let go of pettiness. We're in that cycle at this time.

It's amaizing how little race or religion comes into play when you're about to plumet to your death hanging off a cliff. Whatever hand, you'll grab it and maybe even develop a life long friendship.

Some of us operate out of that purity and kindness all of the time. These people will work to help mend and heal the broken pieces together after the wars and killings have subsided.

Others are messengers of a different type and recognize civil unrest and manipulation prior to those wars and help to make the suffering as minimul as possible forming networks and aiding community, like a support system or shelter from the storm while the destructive cycle is in play.

Alone, I don't think any of us can prepare for a national disaster with all of the supplies that would be needed. But, we're simply not at the stage where society acts calmly and peacefully when they must go without. They panic, steal and kill and justify it with unpreparedness or blame.

But if you know how to do your part and share those skills, then you can bring that aid along with others who may and in most probablitity won't know where to go or what to do while society once again, works to rebuild what has been lost.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.