#662367 02/11/11 06:18 PM
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
I have had allergies my whole life but I have never thought of them as being as serious a health problem as diabetes, arthritis, etc. It turns out allergies are the 6th leading cause of chronic disease in the U.S. That sounds pretty serious.

The problem is unchecked allergies contribute to inflammation in our bodies. Unchecked allergies end up producing chronic disease. Read more about allergy inflammation in the latest post on the Allergies and Colds page at http://www.bellaonline.com/site/allergiesandcolds

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds
Allergies and Colds Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I think you are very right about allergies. Having allergies is just one symptom of a compromised immune system and inflammation in the body. These two things also lead to disease like arthritis, heart disease, cancer and more serious things.

I used to suffer from allergies and when I started eating better, increasing the fruits and veggies I eat, exercising more, cleansing on a regular basis and other things, my allergies disappeared. I also never get sick with things like colds and the flu either.

G
G
hello - have your ever tried Zija? I have a friend that had to take claritin and allegra everyday and since he started zija - 3 days in he quit his meds and hasn't taken them since.

Amoeba
Amoeba
I think it is time that I go get allergy tested. This winter, I got strep and then tonsilitis for the first time. Apparently I got a peritonssilar abscess behind my tonsil and it will not go away. We are waiting to take my tonsils out until my youngest is done nursing.

The interesting thing is, I did research and stopped eating wheat and sugar for a bit, and things started to improve dramatically, but when I cheated and ate them, things have flared up a lot.

I never thought I would say that I might have food allergies.. any suggestions?

S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
You might want to keep a food diary for several weeks before you get allergy tested. In the diary, write down everything you eat and any symptoms that may occur. But remember if you have delayed food allergies symptoms don't show up for up to 72 hours. If you decide to eliminate something for a awhile, such as wheat, jot down any changes that occur. Then take this diary to your appointment. You also can try an elimination diet where you eliminate all the top allergens (gluten, dairy, eggs, nuts, seafood, soy, peanuts, etc.) for two weeks to a month. Just google Elimination Diet. Keep track again for any improvements. After the elimination phase then you start putting things back one at a time. Or you just try the blood testing.

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds
Allergies and Colds Forum

Moderated by  Sheree-Allergies 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.