Print Thread
#662558 02/12/11 01:38 PM
G
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
G
Hi everyone

How is the new year job search going? Job search conditions do not appear to be any better than last year and still 5 app's to every job!

Maybe my latest article will shed some insight for some:

Take Control Of Your Job Search

What job searching strategies are working for you this year?

Gwendolyn Thompson, Job Search Editor
Job Search Website
Job Search Forum

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
hi gwen i dont know if you live in america but over here in the united kingdom jobs are really hard to find, i was just reading the other day that there is 1 job for a hundred applicants? it has been like this for ages ,theres just no jobs. the coalition government have made cuts in spending and people have been thrown on the dole. as long as the members of parliament have got there money everyone else can do without? the conservatives have always looked after the rich over here and always will. now they are reducing sickness benefits and making the unemployed do unpaid work or they get no benefit, the rates for to live on are shocking.

#663904 02/17/11 04:58 PM
Tiger
Tiger
Skyelaw, it is a sad fact, but it seems that no matter where you are located - politics and greed seem to get in the way of getting out of a recession. Great points - appreciate you clueing us in about your area. I have always wondered it England was affected like here in the USA.

S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
everyone i know over here have a saying - the nearest thing to a politician is a thief? they are not well liked at all, the majority of folk have been thrown out of work by past governments and made to live on income support benefit, they closed our steelworks collieries, ship building yards and other places. the members of parliament stole money through exspenditure claims and are on �1500 + a week while the unemployed had �60 a week to live on. all they do is laugh and argue at each other in parliament all day, some of them are decent like. the banks are making billions in profits and we get nothing back. if we get a rise in wages or benefits the housing rent goes up to claw the rise back off us, both our countries are going backwards. britain is not a good place to live now. unless youre rich.

Last edited by SKYELAW; 02/17/11 05:24 PM.
#664200 02/18/11 05:03 PM
Tiger
Tiger
Hey Skyelaw:

Anyone doing anything about this in your side of the country?

And by this I mean, here in the USA they picket/strike, go to the media and so on. Fight the injustices in court if they have a legal foot to stand on.

Unless folks take a stand, stuff is not going to change.

Moderated by  Dianne W - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.