logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
The best castle to visit in England has to be this one - dark, dramatic and with a deadly dungeon attraction! The Best Castle To Visit In England is up North and combines the best of both worlds for a day out - history and fun theme park style attractions.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
I have always thought the castles I see on TV to be so "romantic"

Amoeba
Amoeba
I haven't been to many castles in the UK, but for transportation back to medieval times, I love the castle overlooking Salzburg, Austria. It's not a theme park, in fact it's only minimally a tourist site, but the energy emanating from it is amazing. The views looking over the parapets are wonderful. Has anyone ever been to the castle that was featured in BBC's series Monarch of the Glen? I'd like to go there.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi Jem

I confess I haven't watched Monarch of the Glen. I've just looked it u and came up with Ardverikie Estate. There is a picture that looks a bit like a castle there - is that the building you mean?

The Sazburgh castle sounds wonderful. I live near Cawdor Castle which is a building which is lived in with what looks like a sound structure. I enjoy ruined castles and find they often have amazing energy, for instance Montgomery Castle in Wales and Kenilworth Castle in Warwickshire, England. I have also visited Warwirk Castle - well worth a visit if you get the chance.

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

S
SKYELAW
Unregistered
SKYELAW
Unregistered
S
durham castle is a nice castle to visit, it stands up high above the river wear and it is beautiful at night next to the cathedral with the gold lights shining on the stonework. durham cathedral is the greatest church in europe second only to the vatican. it took 56 years to build.

I
I
My personal favourite is in....Wales :) Anyone interested in medieval towns and castles should pay a visit to [URL=http://www.heritagepassbritain.com/en/places-to-visit/property/generic/conwy-castle.html]Conwy Castle[/URL]. It's very atmospheric, a medieval walled town with a gritty and impressive castle.

Last edited by IsabellaHoes; 03/26/11 11:54 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Conway castle in Wales is everything a castle should be - as in a forbidding though beautiful fortified construction, rather than a fairy tale dream of a castle with turrets and spires. The town is lovely too.

Although as we are straying away from England here can I just make a case for Blair Castle in Scotland? Absolutely beautiful, only this time all a fairy tale castle could be - you expect Rapunzel to let down her hair!

Last edited by Eileen Brit TV; 03/26/11 01:55 PM.

Eileen O�Sullivan
BritishTelevision Ed
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Eileen I have not been to Blair Castle, but have just checked it out on the internet and I think I could get there by public transport. If so you might find an article on Scottish Culture about it in the next few weeks...

The Welsh castle that stays in my memory is Montgomery Castle - a beautiful ruin with amazing views and a rich history.

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

Moderated by  Sarah - English Culture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.