logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
I have very long dark silky (much thinner than it used to be!)slightly wavy hair that is now mostly salt-n-pepper about 1/3 of the way down. My natural color before the gray came in was about the shade of black coffee. But as I am going gray even my dark ends are losing some of their color and in the sunlight there is a ruby highlight. What I am looking for is some kind of temporary or semi temporary rinse that would give me that transparent bluish or purplish tint. I don't want to cover my gray but I would like to blend it with a little jazzy color. Any suggestions for products?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
L'Oreal Silver Shampoo does the same thing as the old lady blue hair rinse.

It is designed to take the brassiness out of bleached hair but does the same thing as old lady blue rinse.

Linda Heywood

R
OP Offline
R
does the shampoo actually make the hair blue? and would it make a difference on dark hair?

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
It used to make my blonde hair go blue if you left it on for longer than it says on the bottle. I don't think it is designed for 'dark' hair, just grey or blonde hair.

You might be better buying one of the powder colours. They come in every colour of the rainbow. Or use Smart Colour Blue Semi-Permanent Hair Dye.

Linda Heywood

You could always go into the hairdresser and ask them for their advise on a particular product. If you have a good hairdresser you are close with you can, someone who wont want to just push their own product. Also the talk of the blue hair rinse has bought back some lovely memories of my grandma that passed away a few years ago now. Thankyou :)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.