logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
When Maura finished art school she says she "wasn't mature enough to realize that I controlled my own destiny." She took corporate jobs, which helped pay the bills, but didn't give her the creative control she wanted. While on maternity leave, her company laid her off. "At first, I wanted to sue somebody, but the severance package let me extend my maternity leave by a few months, and for that I am forever grateful."

She landed a new job that fit more with her creativity, but didn't last, as the recession forced a second layoff. This time, instead of looking for a new job, she saw the unemployment as a silver lining and started her own business, Maj�bra Creative Partners. "Two years later, I'm proud to say that my business is growing, and I love my job. Plus, I can't get fired. So in retrospect, I've got nothing bad to say about being let go. In fact, I should probably send a few thank-you notes."

YOUR job is on its way smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
What a great post! Thanks a lot for sharing that. Sometimes we forget about our dreams, our passions, and what inspires us, and being laid off wakes us up and challenges us to pursue more than just a paycheck.

Candice F. Williamson
Unemployment Editor

C
C
Here's a link to my unemployment story I would love to keep this thread going, and hear how other have gotten through or are getting through unemployment.

My Unemployment
Story

Candice F. Williamson
Unemployment Editor

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Many people are getting by with taking several part-time jobs at once. Quite tiring trying to juggle them all together time-wise but I also supplement a bit with freelance writing:

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I've managed to stay employed through my own efforts. About 4 years ago I had a wonderful online job, editing and managing a news website. I got paid really well, but unfortunately the owner wasn't making enough to keep it going. After that, I decided to create my own jobs.

It does require a lot of work, juggling websites, blogs, doing newsletters, etc and I have to wear many hats. I also do freelance writing work when it comes along and have affiliates and products that do pretty well.

Sometimes it seems like a rat race but it keeps paying the bills.

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi BoomberGal:

Any suggestions to pass OUR way - and by this I mean VALID sites?

I finally have my PayPal set up and rearing to go, but so not into the SCAMS (lol).

Thanks,

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.